Google Docs is a very simple online word processor that quickly helps you with the capability of writing, Editing, and sending documents. In our work life, we definitely need a word processor to do most of the job. Here are the Google Docs that easily help you to fulfill this requirement with absolutely free of cost.
Once you will save your Google doc, it’s a basic requirement to edit your Google doc again whenever you need and it’s quite easy to edit Google Docs. In fact, Google docs provide you the opportunity to edit your docs that you have created by yourself and you can also edit the files that have been shared with you.
In this article, we will discuss how to edit Google Docs on websites as well as with mobile app, and along with that, we will also discuss a few other topics.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Edit Google Docs
- 2 How To Edit Google Docs Using Google Docs App
- 3 How To Edit Google Docs On Phone
- 4 How To Edit Google Docs Offline
- 5 How To Edit Google Docs Offline Using Google Docs App
- 6 How To Edit Google Docs Offline On Android
- 7 Why can’t I edit Google Docs on my phone?
- 8 How To Edit Google Docs on iPhone
- 9 Wrapping Up
How To Edit Google Docs
You can follow the below instructions to edit Google Docs on website.
- Navigate to Google Docs (https://docs.google.com/).
- Now, you can able to see all the documents you have. Click on the document that you want to edit. If you are finding it difficult to locate your document, you can search the document name on the search bar.
3. Once, you will click on the document, it will open the document in Editing mode. You can able to see the Editing mode on the right corner (Just below the Share button) as highlighted below.
4. Now the time to modify or edit the document. there are different options on the menus at the top changing the font size, weight, text formatting, run the spell check, insert an image, insert a link, highlight color, text color, etc. Along with this, you can also perform the below actions.
- You can also use the Zoom option to adjust the document to how it looks.
- You can use the redo, undo, paint format options. Choose the proper styles to make the titles and subheadings.
- Easily, you can able to insert a comment, insert an image, insert a hyperlink, etc.
- Can easily able to highlight the text, change the text color, make the text bold/italic/underline.
- Apply the line spacing and can able to use different alignment options.
- As per your requirement, you can increase or decrease indents.
- You can also use the bulleted lists and the numbered lists, also use the Clear formatting option.
Along with the above options, you can also use the Insert menu to perform the following actions.
- Insert table
- Use the Drawing option to draw different shapes in your Google Docs.
- Insert Different Charts based on your need.
- Insert Special characters, footnote, equations, etc.
- Use headers and footers, Insert Page numbers.
- Insert table of contents, page breaks, section breaks, etc.
How To Edit Google Docs Using Google Docs App
Above, we have discussed how to edit Google Docs from the website. Now, let’s discuss how to edit Google Docs using Google Docs app or How To Edit Google Docs On Phone (Android or iPhone, iPad). Follow the below instruction.
How To Edit Google Docs On Phone
- Open the Google Docs app on your mobile (Android or iPhone, iPad).
- Tap on the document that you want to edit. You can use the search bar to easily search for any specific document that you want to edit,
- By default, the document opens with read-only mode. You can able to see a pencil icon on the bottom right, tap on that pencil icon to edit the document.
- You can able to see many menu options on the top and bottom that you can use while editing the document. With the help of those actions menus, you can able to perform the below activities,
- You can able to change the text and paragraph options, can able to insert a link, an image, comment, insert tables, page numbers, footnote, page break, horizontal line, etc using the top menu buttons.
- Change the text to bold, Italic, Underline, change the text color, highlights the text, change the text alignment, increase or decrease the indents option, etc using the bottom menu buttons.
5. Tap on the tick mark which is present at the top left to save the changes to the document.
This is how to edit google docs using phone.
How To Edit Google Docs Offline
What if you need to edit your Google Docs and you don’t have an internet connection. In this type of scenario, you have to enable a few settings so that you can edit Google Docs Offline. Let’s see how to edit Google Docs offline. Follow the below instruction.
- Navigate to Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/)
- Click on the My Drive option from the left menu.
3. Now click on the Settings option which is present at the top right corner.
4. On the Settings window, tick the check box next to “Create, open and edit your recent Google Docs, Sheets and Slides files on this device while offline.” and then click on the DONE button to save the changes.
5. Once you have done the above changes, Reload the page.
6. Finally, right-click on the document that you want to edit offline –> toggle the Available offline option as highlighted below.
This is how to edit google docs offline.
How To Edit Google Docs Offline Using Google Docs App
Well, here we will discuss how to edit Google Docs Offline using Google Docs App on your mobile using the below steps
How To Edit Google Docs Offline On Android
- Open the Google Docs app on your mobile.
2. Locate the file you want to edit offline. To make the process easy, you can search for the file name on the Search Docs box.
3. Click on the three dots menu, that is present next to the file name.
4. Now, tap the Make available offline option as highlighted below.
5. Now Once you are offline you can open the Docs app and tap on the file to open and then tap on the pencil icon present on the right bottom of your mobile screen as highlighted below.
6. You can use all the action menu buttons from the top or bottom to edit your Google doc based on your requirement. Finally, click on the tick mark on the top left corner to save the changes.
Why can’t I edit Google Docs on my phone?
If you are not able to edit Google Docs on your Android phone, iPhone or Ipad, Below are few key points you need to verify.
- You might be signed in with a different google account. Make sure to log in with your appropriate Google account.
- You might not be the owner of that particular file you are trying to edit or the owner of the file didn’t give you permission to edit the file.
- Someone else might have removed your Edit access.
How To Edit Google Docs on iPhone
You can follow below quick steps to edit Google Docs on iPhone.
- Open the Google Docs app on your iPhone and then try opening a document there.
- By default, the document will open in read-only mode. You can able to see a pencil icon on the bottom right, tap on that pencil icon to edit the document.
- You can start modifying the document using the top and bottom menu options based on your need.
- Click on the Undo or redo option to undo or redo any action.
You may like following the below articles
- How To Insert A Text Box In Google Docs
- Google docs without Gmail or Google account
- How To Paste In Google Docs With Formatting
- How To Add A Border In Google Docs
- How To Add Checkbox In Google docs
Well, in this article, we have discussed How To Edit Google Docs, How To Edit Google Docs Using Google Docs App, How To Edit Google Docs On Phone. Along with this, we have also discussed Why can’t I edit Google Docs on my phone? How To Edit Google Docs Offline, How To Edit Google Docs Offline Using Google Docs App, . Hope you have enjoyed this article !!!