This article will discuss how to add footnotes in Google Docs.
Table Of Contents
How do you add footnotes in Google Docs
To add a footnote in Google Docs document, follow these steps.
1. Create a new Google document by Logging into your verified Google account, then go to “Google Apps” and select “Docs.”
2. Start a new Google document by selecting “Blank Document.”
3. Click your cursor at the point in the document that you want to add a footnote (this way, a notation will automatically be added to the correct spot).
4. In the toolbar at the top of the document, select the “Insert” and then the “Footnote” option.
Locate the horizontally aligned menu across the top of your document and select “Insert.” A drop-down menu will appear; select “Footnote” from the menu.
Alternatively, you can do this by pressing the “CTRL + Alt + F” keys instead of step 4.
In this way, you can create a footnote in your Google Doc.
How to Add a Footnote in Google Docs on Mobile
Below are the quick steps to do a footnote in Google Docs App.
- Firstly, double-tap on the specific text that you want your footnote to refer to.
- Now, tap the + button from above.
3. From the menu below, tap the “Footnote” option.
4. Finally, you can enter the text or content for your footnote. Tap on the tick mark to save the changes.
This is how to add a footnote in Google Docs on Android.
You may also like following the articles below
This article discussed how to add a footnote in Google Docs. Thanks for reading this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.