Google Sheets has a great feature for notifying you when another document collaborator changes the document. However, you will notice on all other document types (Documents, Drawings, and Presentations) that the Notification Rules option is unavailable.
Table Of Contents
How to turn on notifications for Google Sheets on your computer
The built-in Google Sheets notification supports notification of comments and changes. You can receive email notifications on Google Sheets notifications of changes.
To turn on Google Sheets notifications, follow the below steps.
1. Open Google Sheets and sign in to your account on your computer.
2. Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets and navigate to the top right corner of the sheet’s document.
3. Click Tools > Notification rules.
4. In the open window, you can decide “when” you want to receive notifications. You can select either
- Any changes are made
- A user submits a form
5. You can also decide “how often” you want to receive notifications. Select anyone from Notify you with:
- Email – daily digest: Send a daily summary of all changes.
- Email – right away: Send an email for every change.
6. Once done, click Save.
You can now see who makes changes to your Google Sheets spreadsheet, depending on your level of access to a Google Sheets spreadsheet. If you’re an editor of the Google Sheets spreadsheet, you can see the usernames of people who make changes. If you’re a viewer of the Google Sheets spreadsheet, you can set notifications but can’t see usernames.
How to turn on notifications for Google Sheets on your Android/ iPad?
Google Sheets notifications feature is not available on Android and iPad. To set Google Sheets notifications, use a computer.
In this article, we discussed how to get notifications on Google Sheets. Thanks for taking the time to read this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.