You can also use the Google Drive notifications feature to be notified if
- Someone shares a new file or folder with you.
- You’ve mentioned in a comment or action item.
- Someone requests access to a file you own.
How to turn off Google Drive notifications
To turn off Google Drive notifications, follow the below steps.
1. Open Google Drive and sign into your account.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, click the gear-shaped icon and then select Settings.
3. In the left panel, click Notifications.
4. There are two ways you can be notified. In the browser section, you can choose to be notified with
- Newly shared items
- Request for access
- Comments, suggestions, and action items
Check the box to choose how you want to be notified in the browser.
5. In the Email section, check the box to get all updates about Google Drive items via email. You can uncheck the box to turn off Google Drive notifications.
In this article, we discussed how to stop Google Drive notifications by turning it off. Thanks for taking the time to read this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.