It’s pretty easy to create a multilevel list in Google Docs. Not only that you can also able to customize the multilevel list with ease.
Table Of Contents
Google Docs Multilevel List
It would be best if you had minimal effort to create a multilevel list in Google Docs.
How to create multilevel list in Google Docs
You can follow the below steps to make a multilevel list in Google Docs.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and open the document.
- Select the complete text that you want to use for the multilevel list.
3. Click on Format menu –> Choose Bullets & numbering –> then Numbered list –> Click on the number list format you want.
4. The list will be formatted based on your chosen style. This is a single-level list.
5. To create a multilevel list, you must promote or demote the line indents. For demoting a line indent, put the cursor at the start of the line, as shown below.
6. Press the tab from your keyboard, which will send this element to the lower level.
7. If you press the tab twice, the item will again move to two levels. You can change the levels based on your requirements.
8. If you want to move an item one level up or promote the line, place the cursor at the start of the text and press Shift+Tab.
Customize A Multilevel List In Google Docs
You can choose a different format for the multilevel list using the below quick instructions.
- You can put the cursor anywhere on the multilevel list –> Click on the Bulleted List or Numbered List drop-down, then choose the style you want.
2. Now, the multilevel list will look like below.
3. You can also change the color of the text. You can select the text in the multilevel list, click the Text color button, and click on the specific color you want based on your requirements.
You may also like following the articles below
Voila!! it is so easy to create a multilevel list in Google Docs.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.