Google Docs is an excellent word processor with various formatting functions to make your Google Docs document look exactly the way you wish it to look. The interesting thing is Google docs is absolutely free to use and you can save a lot for licensing for Microsoft word.
Many times, you will get the requirements to flip an image. No worries, Google docs provide you a quick option to flip an image.
In Google docs, you can flip your image either horizontally or vertically.
In this article, we will discuss How To Flip An Image In Google Docs or How To Mirror An Image In Google Docs.
Table Of Contents
How To Flip An Image In Google Docs ( 2 Best Ways)
Let’s discuss 2 quick ways to flip an image in Google Docs.
Below are the two approaches to flip or mirror an image in Google Docs.
Approach – 1: Flip an image using the Flip Option
By default, Google Docs provides you a flip option to quickly flip your image. Follow the below steps to flip an image using the flip option in Google docs.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and click on the + (Blank) option to create an empty document or you can also open your existing Google docs document.
- Click on the Insert menu –> Select Image –> Upload from Computer. (You can also use your existing image if you have any).
3. Once the image is uploaded to Google docs, Right-click on the image and select the Cut option. You can also use the Ctrl + X keyboard shortcuts. If you are using Mac, you can press Command + X.
4. Click on the Insert menu –> Drawing –> Click on + New button to open the drawing window.
5. On the Drawing window, Right-click –> select the Paste option or you can also use the Ctrl + V shortcut to paste the image. If you are using Mac, you can click on the Command + V shortcut to paste the image.
6. To flip the image on the Drawing window, click on the Actions menu –> Select the Rotate option –> Click on Flip horizontally or Flip vertically based on your requirements.
7. Finally, click on the Save and Close button to save the changes.
Approach – 2: Flip an image using Rotate Option
If you have a requirement to flip your image vertically then you can use this Rotate option. In case you want to flip your image horizontally, you can use the first approach. Follow the below steps to flip the image using the rotate option in Google Docs.
- Follow Step -1 to Step-5 from the 1st approach.
- On the Drawing window, hold the anchor point as highlighted below and rotate the image to 180 degrees.
Or, for the same option you can click on the Actions menu –> select the Rotate option –> Click on “Rotate clockwise 90o” or “Rotate counter-clockwise 900“. Repeat this step so that you can able to flip the image vertically.
3. Finally, click on the Save and Close button to save the changes.
This is How To Flip/Mirror An Image In Google Docs.
You may also like following the below articles
In this article, we have discussed How To Flip An Image In Google Docs, How To Flip/Mirror An Image In Google Docs, How To Mirror Image Text In Google Docs, How to flip words in google docs, how to flip text in google docs. Hope you have enjoyed this article !!!