Do you want to insert an image behind text in Google docs?
I have explained here how to insert an image behind the text in Google docs.
Table Of Contents
How to insert an image behind the text in Google Docs
Here are 3 useful methods to insert images in Google docs behind the tex.
1. Insert Image using Microsoft Word
The very first and probably the most common among them all is by using Microsoft Word. If you have the software in your system, the process won’t take long. However, if you do not have it yet, you can try out the other method as well. Other than this, you can even try out the Office Online software too, whichever you have access to.
- Create your Google Docs document as you need.
- Open Microsoft Word or Office Online and create a new Doc.
- Copy and paste the content from Google Docs to Microsoft Word
- In MS Word, click on Insert. Tap on Pictures.
- Now, choose an image and click on Insert.
- The picture will appear in your content. Right-click on the image.
- Select Wrap Text. Click on In Front of Text.
- Save the .docx file in your system.
- Move to Google Docs, and select File and then Open.
- Select Upload and open the .docx file you saved.
Now, you simply need to right-click on the image and select Image Options. Adjust the transparency. Likewise, it will work as a background image and the text behind will appear on the image.
2. Insert Image using Google Slides
Another interesting approach that you can follow is by simply using Google Slides as it is available as an online tool free of cost. If you do not have Microsoft Word, this will be always available and come in handy for anyone. Well, it is a perfect match if you do not have a lot of content or text in your document.
- Open Google Slides and create a new Blank Presentation.
- Click on File. Tap on Page Setup at the bottom.
- Select Custom.
- Change the digits to 11” and 8.5” for Google Docs. Tap on Apply.
- Now, click on Slide from the taskbar and select Change Backgroud.
- Click on Choose Image. Select the image and click on Insert.
- You can now add the text you want to your image.
That is all you need to do. Once done, you can save the presentation and use it on Google Docs.
Insert image behind the text in Google Docs- Direct Method
Apart from all the methods you have seen above, you can try out a completely different approach directly on Google Docs. Well, this is only applicable if you have a small text that you need to add to an image. Here is how you can do it.
- Open Google Docs and create a new Doc.
- Click on Insert from the menu option.
- Select Drawing and then tap on + New.
- Click on Image Icon.
- Upload an image and click on Select.
- Make the necessary edits to the image using multiple tools such as pencil, cropping, etc.
- Click on the Add Text box to add text to the image.
- Tap on Save and Close to add the image to your document.
From here you can now add more such images with text on it. In fact, you can either make the image or the text more transparent using the tools made available to your while editing.
This is by far the simplest method and directs too if you do not need a lot of changes to your document or have very little text needed to be written on your Google Docs.
Here we are with every piece of info that you might need on How to insert an image behind the text in Google docs. Make sure that you follow the steps mentioned here. There are loads of misinformation and long methods that you may find on the web, so it is better to follow a guide that is properly verified and reviewed multiple times.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.