Google Docs is a loaded-featured and straightforward online word processor with different excellent formatting options for making your Google Docs documents look cool. Google Docs has two fantastic options that format your document to its eternal look. They are line spacing and paragraph spacing. Google Docs Line spacing is generally defined as the space between each line in a paragraph.
Table Of Contents
- Line spacing in Google Docs
- Various line spacing options in Google Docs
- Best Line spacing for your Google Docs
- Default Line spacing in Google Docs
- Paragraph spacing
- Change the line spacing in Google Docs on Android mobile
- Change the line spacing in Google Docs on IOS mobile
- Google Docs Line Spacing Less Than 1
- Google Docs Line Spacing iPad
Line spacing in Google Docs
Line spacing in Google Docs determines the vertical space between lines of text in your paragraph. Lines in Google Docs are usually single-spaced, and you can also customize the line spacing to be
- Single-spaced (one line high)
- Double-spaced (two lines high), or
- More based on your needs for spacing
Various line spacing options in Google Docs
- You change your paragraph spacing with various options in the “Line spacing” like Single, 1.15, 1.5, and Double.
- The options “Add space before paragraph” and “Add space after paragraph” allow you to add your spacing between paragraphs.
- Custom spacing helps you to customize your line and paragraph spacing. All you have to do is enter the spacing size you want in lines, before and after a paragraph, and click Apply.
- The “Keep with next” option helps you to keep both paragraph headings and text on the same page.
- The “Keep lines together” option helps you to keep all lines of text within the same paragraph on the same page.
- The “Prevent single lines” option helps prevent single lines at the beginning or end of paragraphs.
Best Line spacing for your Google Docs
It is commonly measured as a percentage of your font size, and the ideal line spacing for better readability for your Docs is 130%-150% of your font size.
Default Line spacing in Google Docs
The default line spacing of Docs is 1.15 inches.
Check out some Google Docs line spacing problems and how to get rid of those problems in case you are facing any issues with line spacing.
You can also use the Google Docs paragraph spacing, just like formatting spacing between lines in your Google Docs document.
To format paragraph spacing:
- Select the text you wish to format.
- Click Format > Line spacing.
- Click on “Add space before paragraph” or “Add space after paragraph” from the drop-down menu. You can also click Custom Spacing to fine-tune your spacing.
Change the line spacing in Google Docs on Android mobile
how to change line spacing in Google Docs mobile
You can change the line spacing in your Docs on Android and IOS mobile.
To change the line spacing in Google Docs on Android mobile, follow the below instructions:
- Open your Google Docs app on your Android phone or tablet and sign in to your Google Docs account.
- Get into your Google Docs document for which you wish to add double spacing.
- You can find the “Edit” option in the right corner of your app. Tap it.
- Double-tap to select the place you wish to edit in your Google Docs document.
- Now tap on Format > paragraph.
- Next to “Line spacing,” use the arrows to choose the amount of space you wish to have between lines in the paragraph. For example, make it 2.00.
Line spacing in your Google Docs document is now changed.
Change the line spacing in Google Docs on IOS mobile
- Head up to your Google Docs app on the IOS mobile.
- Open the document you wish to change the line space.
- Double-tap in your Google Docs document, then touch the Formatting button at the top of the screen.
- Tap Paragraph tab > Line spacing
- Change the line spacing value by tapping on the ^ button to the right of the line spacing option
This is How to change the line spacing in Google Docs‘ mobile app.
To improve the readability and reduce your Google Docs document to fit more text on your Google Docs page, follow the above instructions and use the line spacing option in Google Docs efficiently.
Google Docs Line Spacing Less Than 1
Using the following steps, you can also set the line spacing to less than 1 if you have any requirements.
- Select the paragraph –> Click on the Format option from the Actions menu.
- Select the Line Spacing –> Click on the Custom Spacing option.
- On the Custom spacing window, enter the Line spacing value as less than one and click the Apply button to save the changes.
Now, you can able to see the expected output as below.
Google Docs Line Spacing iPad
Using the steps below, you can also implement the line spacing in Google Docs on your iPad or iPhone.
- The first step is to open the document in the Google Docs app on your iPad or iPhone.
- The next step is you need to tap on Edit.
- Now, in your document, double tab on the place where you wish to do the line spacing. You can move the blue marker if you wish to select more text.
- The fourth step is to tap on the Format option.
- Now, you need to provide the space between the lines So you can use the arrows next to the “Line spacing” option.
This is how you can implement the Google Docs line spacing on your iPad or iPhone.
Well, now, I am sure that you have an idea of Google Docs line spacing. You saw it is pretty easy to change the line spacing in Google Docs on your desktop or on your mobile. Now, it’s your turn to follow the above steps to change the spacing in your Google Docs document and remove the line spacing as required. Thanks for reading this article, and I hope you will not suffer from Google Docs spacing issues from now on.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.