The easiest and simplest location to create a questionnaire form is Google Docs. Well, if you have any purpose that requires you to gather information or collect data in a large number for free or simply a survey, you can use the Google Docs questionnaire template to create one by yourself.
There is no doubt that Google Docs is the most useful tool to create documents for free anywhere on the web. You can easily share the forms, edit, collaborate, etc with just a few simple clicks. By adding a number of multiple-choice questions, you can create an interactive form within minutes.
Here is how you can create a Google Docs questionnaire.
Table Of Contents
- How to create a Google Docs questionnaire
- Method 1: Starting from Scratch
- Method 2: Google Docs questionnaire using a Template
- How do I create a multiple-choice test in Google Docs?
- How to Manage Response on Google Forms?
How to create a Google Docs questionnaire
The below guide mentions every piece of info and method that will lead you to create a questionnaire in Google Docs. Simply follow these and make one for yourself too. You have the provision to create a fresh template or choose an existing template and then edit it based on your need.
Method 1: Starting from Scratch
This method is solely for those who wish to create a Google Docs questionnaire from scratch. It might be a little too detailed, but if you have less time or wish to get things done faster, you can choose different templates and then simply edit those questions based on your requirement.
Step 1: Open Google Forms
To start with, simply click on the link here https://docs.google.com/forms/ to open the Google Forms. Now, Click on the Blank option for creating a questionnaire.
Step 2: Add Name and Description
Firstly, add a Name to your survey or questionnaire. Provide any instructions to guide the user or any description of the form on the space provided for the Form Description.
Step 3: Create a Question
Now, click on the Untitled Question then add the required questions as per your requirement.
To give your question a type, click on Multiple Choice. Choose from among the different options from the drop-down menu on how the questions must look like. You can see the options listed below.
- Short Answer and Paragraph: Provides a small or large blank space for filling the answer.
- Multiple Choice: Here you can add different multiple choices to the questions such as Gender, City, Occupation, etc.
- Checkboxes: These also act as a part of more than one choice but the only difference is a user can check more than one option.
- Dropdown: select one option from the list.
- File Upload: A new feature added to Google Docs where users can now upload docs with a maximum limit of up to 1GB.
- Linear Scale: Selecting a specific range.
- Date and Time: To select the date and time. Such as a Birthday or scheduling a meeting.
Step 4: Choose Side Menu Options
There are side menu options that will help you to format your questionnaire further. The number of options is as follows.
- Add Questions: For adding another question and then format it as required.
- Import Question: Here you can import another form and then add the same questions to the current questionnaire.
- Add Title and Description: Let you add the description and the title.
- Add Image and Add Video: Provides you the provision for uploading or inserting an image/video using different sources.
- Add Sections: The provision to add more sections.
Step 5: Mandatory Question
Well, there might be a set of questions those you must need an answer for, and make it mandatory for every user. For this, you have to click the Required switch to mark it as compulsory.
Step 6: Customize Theme
To customize the form, click the color palette option from top-right corner of the form.
- Add an Image for the header
- Select the Color for the theme
- Add the Color for Background
- Select the Font Style
Step 7: Preview
Once you are ok creating a perfect questionnaire in Google Docs, you have thre provision to preview the entire survey before making it public or sending it to the concerned users. Well, simply click the eye icon from the top-right for a preview.
Step 8: Settings
Next, you can format the form with multiple settings. Such as in General Settings, you have the provision to Limit the responses, for collecting the Email addresses, ask users for editing the form even after submitting and “See the summary charts and the text responses”.
Step 9: Choose Recipients
Under the Send bar, you have the provision for sending the form in multiple ways.
- Via direct Email: You can add subject, the recipient name,and message to send the form to the respective person directly.
- URL: Here just copy the URL of the form and you have the provision to shorten the URL. then copy and paste the url in other places where you want to use.
- Embed HTML: If you want to add this form to your site then in that case , just embed the peace of HTML code in your site.
Method 2: Google Docs questionnaire using a Template
Another very simple option you can try is by using a template and editing it as per your choice.
Step 1: Select Template
Open https://docs.google.com/forms/ and select a specific template for your form based on your requirement.
Step 2: Editing the Template
Now, you can simply get to editing each part of the form. just edit the description and the name based on what is the form of it.
Then, you can let the very common questions be as it is such as Name, Email, etc, and go to multiple-choice questions.
All you need to do now is add your own questions and follow the above steps.
How do I create a multiple-choice test in Google Docs?
Well, just like we have described here about using the Google Form to create a questionnaire, you can also use the same format to create a multiple-choice test or simply a Quiz Follow the steps below.
- Open Google Forms, and select a Blank template.
- Click on the Settings option from the top.
- Tap on Quizzes.
- Enable the “Make this a quiz” option.
- Then, Click on Save.
How to Manage Response on Google Forms?
Once you are done creating a Google Doc questionnaire, you can now simply start sending the forms across multiple platforms. After you have got enough responses as you need, the main concern arrives on how to manage the response.
Well, here are certain aspects that you can check out on how to format or manage the response on your questionnaire.
1. View Responses
Well, there are multiple approaches to view responses in your Google form.
You can simply select any of these by clicking on the response option in your form.
2. View all the responses in a spreadsheet
For this, follow the steps below.
- Open your form on Google Forms.
- Click on the Responses –> then the Spreadsheet option from the top.
- Select the Create Spreadsheet option. Click on Create.
A spreadsheet linked to your Google Form will get generated with proper tables based on the questions on their responses from the individuals for your assessment. You also have the provision to select your responses in a .csv file by click on the three-dots menu.
3. Stop Collecting Responses
Once you are ok collecting the responses based on your need, you can stop getting the responses. Here is how.
- Open Google Form.
- Click on Responses.
- Disable the toggle that is present beside the Accepting responses option.
You may like the following Google docs tutorials:
- How to use Google docs numbered list
- Google Docs for students
- How to translate Google docs
- Google Docs for business
- How to make a google docs calendar
- Where are my Google docs
- How to save Google docs to your computer
Here is everything you need to know about how to create a Google Docs questionnaire. From creating to formatting each and every section, you can find all the steps clearly mentioned for your convenience. If you have not created any such form before, this guide will come in handy. Moreover, you can try out multiple options too to view your responses using so many options as mentioned above.
You can easily find so many templates on the site and use it for your own benefit. Such templates are a time-saver and do the job pretty well for those who might have not used the tool before. All the data created is automatically saved to your drive if you sign-in with your Gmail account. Furthermore, if you are stuck with anything else you may need help with, do let us know in the comment section below.