Do you want quick information on Google Docs remove hyperlink or how to remove hyperlink in Google Docs?. You are in the right place.
Table Of Contents
Well, it’s very easy to remove hyperlinks in Google Docs. You just need to follow 2 quick steps to remove the hyperlink in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs file and locate the hyperlink that you want to remove.
- Click on the Hyperlink that you want to remove –> Click on the Remove link option.
3. Now, if you will see below, the hyperlink has been removed successfully.
You need to repeat the same steps to remove all the hyperlinks from Google Docs.
This is how to remove hyperlinks from Google Docs.
Well, here we will discuss different approaches to remove all hyperlinks from Google Docs.
Approach-1: Using Add-ons
Yes, we can use the Google Docs Add-on named “Text Cleaner” to remove all the hyperlinks from your Google Docs document at a time.
Follow the below instruction to install and use the “Text Cleaner” add-on to remove all the hyperlinks from your Google Docs document.
- Open the Google Docs document –> Click on Add-ons –> Select Get add-ons.
2. Search for “Text Cleaner” and from the search result, click on the Text Cleaner add-on.
3. Click on the Install button on the next window to install the Text Cleaner add-on.
4. Provide your Gmail account details and click on the Allow button.
5. Finally, click on the Done button.
Now we are done with the installation of the Text Cleaner add-on. Once you are done with the installation, follow the below instruction to use the Text Cleaner add-on to remove all the hyperlinks from Google Docs.
- Select the complete text where you want to remove all the hyperlinks.
- Click on Add-ons –> Select “Text Cleaner” –> Choose “Remove all links and underlining” option.
3. It will show your “Working” and will take a few seconds to remove all the hyperlinks from the Google Docs document.
Approach-2 is not a clean approach but still, you can try it out.
- Download your Google Docs document as a Word file by clicking File –> Download –> Microsoft Word (.docx).
- Now, open the wordfile and select the complete text that contains all the hyperlinks.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + F9 keyboard shortcuts to remove all the hyperlinks.
- Now, you will find that those hyperlinks are gone but the hyperlink texts are still with underline, you can select a normal text and choose the Format painter option and then select the hyperlink text, It will now convert to a normal text. Basically, you need to use the Format Painter to format the text once the hyperlinks are removed.
Yes, you can use the Add-on named “Text Cleaner” to remove multiple hyperlinks at once.
The below information will help you to avoid the above scenario.
- Copy the text from the existing document.
- Now open the new Google Docs document.
- Click on the Edit menu –> select the “Paste without formatting” option as shown below.
Alternatively, for the same purpose, you can also use the below keyboard shortcuts.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + V keys from your keyboard if you are using Windows/Chrome OS to paste without formatting.
- Incase, you are using macOS, you can press Cmd+Shift+V for the same option.
You may also like following the below articles
Voila! it’s your turn now to try out how to remove a hyperlink from Google Docs.