Google Docs is a simple online word processor that mainly helps you with the capability of writing, Editing, and sending documents. It may be our study life or work life, we definitely need a word processor to do most of the job. Here are the Google Docs that easily help you to fulfill this requirement.
Quotes are very much important to make a change in tone for your text and Google docs give you the opportunity to provide you with different Google docs quotes.
Well, in this article, we will discuss the Google docs quotes and Along with this, we will discuss a few other topics.
Table Of Contents
Google Docs Quote
If you want to add any famous Quote to your Google Docs, you can follow the below quick steps.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and click on the + (Blank) button to create a blank document where you want to add the famous quote or you can open any of your existing Google Docs.
2. On the Explore window, search for Quotes or Quotes by specific author, etc.
3. Click on the Images tab. Locate the quote image that you want to add to your Google Docs and After the mouse hovers on that particular image you will see a + (Insert image) button to add that quote to your Google Docs.
4. Or. you can double click on the image and then click on the Insert button as highlighted below.
5. Now, you can also cite to footnote the quote to your Google Docs by clicking on the Cite as footnote button as highlighted below. You can just mouse hover on the quote to get the Cite as footnote option.
How To Make Smart And Dumb Quotes In Google Docs
You can click on press Shift + ‘ to add a double quote. The important point here is by default Google Docs uses smart quotes, Now if you want to change to dumb quotes, you can follow the below steps.
- Navigate to the Google Docs.
- Click on the Tools from the top menu options –> Then Click on the Preferences option as highlighted below.
3. Now, on the Preferences window, un-check the Use smart quotes option and then click on the Ok button.
Now, when you will use the quote that will be a dumb quotes.
How To Use Block Quote Formatting In Google Docs
Follow the below steps to make a Block Quote in Google Docs.
Google Docs Block Quote Style
- Locate the paragraph and select the text that you want to use for the blockquote formatting.
- The next step is to click on the Increase indent button as highlighted below.
- Drag the right indent left till 6.
- Now, the paragraph will become a block quote.
This is how to use block quote, smart quote, dumb quotes formatting in Google Docs.
Google Docs Code Quote
If you want to format a piece of code in Google Docs, you can follow the below steps.
- Navigate to your Google Docs.
- Click on the Get Add-ons button from the right side of your Google Document as highlighted below.
3. On the Google Workspace Marketplace window, search for Code Blocks and then click on the Code Blocks or Code Blocks II app as highlighted below.
4. Click on the Install button. Now it will ask your Google account. Select your Google account and click on the Allow button. Finally, click on the Done button.
5. Now paste the piece of code in your Google Docs and select the piece of code
6. Click on the Add-ons menu –> then select Code Blocks –> Click on the Start option as highlighted below.
7. On the Code Blocks window, select the Theme as atom-one-dark as highlighted below and then click on the Format button.
8. Now the code looks like below.
How To Format Code In Google Docs
There is another easy way to format the code in Google Docs using the below three quick steps.
- Navigate to Google Docs and click on the Insert menu –> Select the Table option –> Click on the first option i.e 1 X 1 as highlighted below.
2. Now you can able to see a 1 X 1 table has been added. Click on the Cell background color like below.
3. The next step is to copy your piece of code from a proper code editor like Visual Studio Code with style and paste it inside the cell.
4. For a Better look, Select the complete code and change the Font to Roboto Mono as highlighted below.
This is How To Format Code In Google Docs.
You may also like following below articles
- How To Upload To Google Docs
- How To See Document Outline In Google Docs
- How To Make A Graph On Google Docs
- How To Insert A Text Box In Google Docs
- Google docs without Gmail or Google account
Well, in this article, we have discussed Google Docs Quote, How To Make Smart And Dumb Quotes In Google Docs, How To Use Block Quote Formatting In Google Docs, Google Docs Block Quote Style, Google Docs Code Quote, How To Format Code In Google Docs, etc. Hope you have enjoyed this article !!!