Google Docs is a simple online word processor that mainly helps you with the capability of writing, Editing, and sending documents. It may be our study life or work life, we definitely need a word processor to do most of the job. Here are the Google Docs that easily help you to fulfill this requirement. Quotes are very much important to make a change in tone for your text and Google docs give you the opportunity to provide you with different Google docs quotes.
Table Of Contents
How to do a block quote in Google Docs
Follow the below steps to make a Block Quote in Google Docs.
- Locate the paragraph and select the text that you want to use for the blockquote formatting.
- The next step is to click on the Increase indent button as highlighted below.
- Drag the right indent left till 6.
- Now, the paragraph will become a block quote.
Google Docs Quote
If you want to add any famous Quote to your Google Docs, you can follow the below quick steps.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and click on the + (Blank) button to create a blank document where you want to add the famous quote or you can open any of your existing Google Docs.
2. On the Explore window, search for Quotes or Quotes by specific author, etc.
3. Click on the Images tab. Locate the quote image that you want to add to your Google Docs and After the mouse hovers on that particular image you will see a + (Insert image) button to add that quote to your Google Docs.
4. Or. you can double click on the image and then click on the Insert button as highlighted below.
5. Now, you can also cite to footnote the quote to your Google Docs by clicking on the Cite as footnote button as highlighted below. You can just mouse hover on the quote to get the Cite as footnote option.
How To Make Smart And Dumb Quotes In Google Docs
You can click on press Shift + ‘ to add a double quote. The important point here is by default Google Docs uses smart quotes, Now if you want to change to dumb quotes, you can follow the below steps.
- Navigate to the Google Docs.
- Click on the Tools from the top menu options –> Then Click on the Preferences option as highlighted below.
3. Now, on the Preferences window, un-check the Use smart quotes option and then click on the Ok button.
Now, when you will use the quote that will be a dumb quotes.
This is how to use block quote, smart quote, dumb quotes formatting in Google Docs.
You may also like following below articles
Well, in this article, we have discussed Google Docs Quote, How To Make Smart And Dumb Quotes In Google Docs, How To Use Block Quote Formatting In Google Docs, Google Docs Code Quote, How To Format Code In Google Docs, etc. Hope you have enjoyed this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.