In this google drive tutorial, here we will discuss How to find movies on google drive, How long does it take for Google Drive to process a video and also, we will see what video format does google drive support. We will see how to search movies in google drive and How to Download and Watch Google Drive Movies.
How to find movies on google drive? or How to Download and Watch Google Drive Movies? Easiest way:
- Do a google search for site:drive.google.com movies
- Save the movie by clicking on the Add to My Drive icon and then enjoy watching your Movies. Or you can also click on the Download button which is present at the right of the Google Drive movie to view it later.
- If you want to play directly, you can select the link and then click on the Play option.
Google Drive is not only the best solution to host and share your spreadsheets, documents, presentations, and photos but also movies. You can also find some publicly listed videos in Google Drive to download to your computer or play them directly from Google Drive.
Table Of Contents
- How to Download and Watch Google Drive Movies
- How to find movies on Google Drive?
- Where to Find Google Drive Movies
- How to Watch Movies on Google Drive Online
- Watch Movies on Google Drive by Downloading
- How to Play, Save, and Download Google Drive Movies?
- How to find and download movies added to Google Drive?
- How to find and download Google Drive Movies Using Google Backup and Sync?
- What is Processing a Google Drive Video?
- How long does it take for Google Drive to process a video?
- How to fix the video processing error in Google Drive?
- How to speed up the video processing time of Google Drive?
- What video format does google drive support?
- How to Play Google Movies Saved to Your Computer
How to Download and Watch Google Drive Movies
Google Drive supports a vast range of video formats, processes the uploaded videos, and play to you when you needed. You can also find and download videos that were shared by other people publicly on the web.
Let’s dive deep to know how to find movies on Google Drive, how long it will take for Google Drive to process a video, how to fix the video processing error, and what video format Google Drive support.
Now, let us see first how do I find movies on Google drive?
How to find movies on Google Drive?
You can upload your favorite movies with ease in Google Drive. Google Drive also allows users to share movies with others directly with no restrictions or sharing on the websites publicly.
Because of this, you might find the movies on multiple websites and even on different other platforms like different communities in Google drive with permission for downloading or even sharing these movies.
Where to Find Google Drive Movies
Google explicitly warns you for uploading or downloading content without necessary sharing permissions and if you violate means, it may lead to account suspension.
You may ask where do I find movies on Google Drive?
- You can find movies on Google Drive by a Google search: site:drive.google.com movies.
I hope, you got to know how to find movies in google drive and the best way to search movies on google drive.
How to Watch Movies on Google Drive Online
Let’s discuss here how to watch movies on Google Drive online. Follow the below steps
Step-1: Search Google Drive movies.
Perform a google search for site:drive.google.com movies.
Step-2: Save Google Drive movies.
Select your favorite movie that you want to watch and save it by clicking on the Add a shortcut to Drive icon and then enjoy watching your Movies.
Step 3: Stream Google Drive movies on any device.
You can open the Google Drive app on your mobile and find the movie and play it there. You can also open Google drive on your computer and find the movie you want to enjoy and then click on the Play button to watch the movie.
This is How to Watch Movies on Google Drive Online.
Watch Movies on Google Drive by Downloading
Google drive also provides you an option to download and watch the movie that you want to watch. Below are the two approaches to download and watch the movies on Google drive.
Approach-1: Locate the shared Google Drive Movie and choose to download it without saving to the Google drive folder.
Approach-2: You can also perform a save to preview, download it later and watch and you can click on the Download button that is present on the Preview window to download it and watch it later.
How to Play, Save, and Download Google Drive Movies?
After you found the direct link from the google search to the movie that you wish to enjoy, you can either watch directly, save the same to Google Drive, or download it on your computer directly.
- When you will try to download a Google Drive movie on your computer, Google usually runs a scan to check if there is any virus on the file.
- To open the file for the Google Drive movie, you just select the movie link. Now, you will be redirected to the screen of your player.
- Click on the ‘Play’ button for watching the movie.
- If you want to download the movie to your PC or computer, click on the ‘Download’ icon at the right of the Google Drive movie.
- Click on the ‘Add to My Drive’ option from the top of the screen, If you wish to save the movie to Google Drive. Once you have added the movie to Google Drive, you may also download that movie later.
How to find and download movies added to Google Drive?
To download a movie from Google Drive,
- Search the file from your Google Drive by searching with the file name on the search bar.
- Once the file has shown up, you can double-click the file to open or you can right-click on the file to get the different menu options.
- Select ‘Download’ and choose the location where you actually want to save the movie on your PC or computer.
- If so many people have tried downloading the file recently, you won’t be able to download the file and you might hit a “quota exceeded” page
How to find and download Google Drive Movies Using Google Backup and Sync?
Suppose, you wish to download a batch of movies that are already available on your Google Drive, in the background, you can use Google’s Backup and Sync desktop app for this purpose.
- Download the Backup and Sync app from Google.
- Install the app.
- If you use Windows, you can see the “Google Backup and Sync” icon in the system tray area of the taskbar, and if Mac, you can see the app icon in the menu bar.
- Click on that icon.
- Select the three-dot options menu at the right corner and then select Preferences.
- In your Backup and Sync Preferences, select Google Drive. Choose the folder in which your movies are stored, select ‘Sync only these folders’ and click OK.
- Your Google Drive movies will be download in the background to your computer.
This is How to Download Google Drive Movies Using Google Backup and Sync.
What is Processing a Google Drive Video?
Once you uploaded a video to Google Drive, it actually takes some time to download or open the video. This time is for processing your video.
When it started processing your video, that means it will try to convert your video to multiple formats, different resolutions so that without any issue, the video can be played on multiple devices.
- Google drive unable to process this video
- How to upload iPhone photos to google drive
- How to see folder size in google drive?
- Find duplicate files in google drive
- How do I resize an image in Google Drive
- delete recent activity on google drive
How long does it take for Google Drive to process a video?
You will not get an accurate answer to how long it takes for Google Drive to process a video. Sometimes, it might take a few minutes or very little time for uploading a video, and sometimes it may take even a week.
For example, if you are trying to upload a 2 GB video to your google drive, it might take up to 1 hour to upload the video with a stable network connection. After uploading, Google drive might take another 20 minutes on average to process your video file.
The factors deciding how long it takes for Google Drive to process a video
There are several factors that decide how long it takes for Google Drive to process a video.
- One of the major factors is the size of your video. It will take a longer time for Google Drive for processing your video if the size of the video is 1 GB large and it may take some hours or even some days for processing multiple videos that are very large. The bigger the size of your video, the larger the time will be taken by Google Drive to process it.
- The next factor that determines the processing time is the speed of your internet. Google Drive takes a little more time for processing your video in the situation where your network connection is a bit slow.
- The ability of your device to process a video may also affect the processing time of Google Drive. If you are trying to run different heavy tasks on your computer or phone at the same time,Google Drive might take a little more time to process your video.
How to fix the video processing error in Google Drive?
When you get the video processing error on Google Drive and are unable to download the video, you can share and create a link to download it.
To fix the video processing error,
- Go to Google Drive and select the processing video.
- Right-click on the video and select the “Share” option.
- Copy the link and open the link in a new tab.
- Once the processing video appears, click the three-dot menu icon at the right of the video and tap Download all.
This might fix the video processing error on Google Drive.
How to speed up the video processing time of Google Drive?
If the video you are trying to open is stuck while processing and you are not able to open or download the video from Google Drive, then, in that case, you might have to wait for a few days, and then you need to recheck on the progress.
To speed up the video processing time of Google Drive,
- You can compress the large-sized videos before uploading them to Google Drive.
- You can avoid running or uploading multiple videos at the same time
- You should ensure a fast internet connection on your device.
What video format does google drive support?
Well next question comes, what video format does google drive support?
The maximum resolution for Google Drive video is 1920 x 1080. The video file extensions (formats) that are supported by Google Drive are
- .AVI (MJPEG video codec, PCM audio)
- .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec, MP2 audio)
- .FLV (Adobe — FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec, Vorbis Audio codec)
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs, AAC audio codec)
How to Play Google Movies Saved to Your Computer
Well, VLC Media Player is a great option to play the Google movies saved on your computer. It supports multiple operating systems like Windows, Android, macOS, Linux, iOS, etc.
- To install the VLC Player, navigate to the VLC Official site and click on the Download VLC dropdown and select your Operating system to download load the VLC player.
2. Once you will select your Operating system it will prompt you to save the VLC.exe file in your local system. Double click on the setup file to install the VLC player.
3. Once the installation will be done successfully, you can Launch the VLC player and drag and drop the movie to play with the VLC player.
This is How to Play Google Movies Saved to Your Computer.
You may like the following Google docs tutorials also:
- How to add column in Google docs
- Top useful Google Docs Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to change Google docs background
- How to bookmark Google docs
- How to encrypt Google docs
- How to add/hide comments Google docs
- How to access WhatsApp on Google Drive
- Pros and Cons of Google Drive
- How to select multiple files on Google Drive
- How to pin Google Drive to Taskbar
- Password protect document in Google drive
And voila! You can upload movies, find them (search movies on google drive), download it in various video formats from Google drive with ease! Fix the video processing error and speed up the time taken to process the video by following the above tips! I hope, you got an idea How to find movies on google drive, google drive video processing, and the video formats supported in Google drive.
- how to find any movie on google drive
- how to search google drive for movies
- find any movie on google drive
- search google drive for movies
- how to search for movies on google drive
- how to watch movies on google drive
- how to search movies on google drive
- how to watch any movie on google drive
- google drive movies download
- how to find google drive movies
- how to watch movie on google drive
- how to watch movies from google drive
- search movies in google drive, etc