In this google drive tutorial, here we will discuss How to find movies on google drive, How long does it take for Google Drive to process a video and also, we will see what video format does google drive support.
Google Drive is not only the best solution to host and share your spreadsheets, documents, presentations, and photos but also movies. You can also find some publicly listed videos in Google Drive to download to your computer or play them directly from Google Drive.
Google Drive supports a vast range of video formats, processes the uploaded videos, and play to you when you needed. You can also find and download videos that were shared by other people publicly on the web. Let’s dive deep to know how to find movies on Google Drive, how long it will take for Google Drive to process a video, how to fix the video processing error and what video format Google Drive support.
Now, let us see first how do I find movies on Google drive?
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to find movies on Google Drive?
- 2 How to Play, Save, and Download Google Drive Movies?
- 3 How to find and download movies added to Google Drive?
- 4 How to find and download Google Drive Movies Using Google Backup and Sync?
- 5 What is Processing a Google Drive Video?
- 6 How long does it take for Google Drive to process a video?
- 7 What video format does google drive support?
How to find movies on Google Drive?
You can upload your favorite movies with ease in Google Drive. Google Drive also lets users share movies directly with others or publicly to the web. Because of this, you may find movies listed on a host of websites and online communities in Google drive with permission to share or download these movies.
Google explicitly warns you for uploading or downloading content without necessary sharing permissions and if you violate means, it may lead to account suspension.
You may ask where do I find movies on Google Drive?
- You can find movies on Google Drive with a Google search: site:drive.google.com movies.
I hope, you got to know how to find movies on Google Drive.
How to Play, Save, and Download Google Drive Movies?
After you find the link from the google search to a film you want to watch, you can either watch directly, save it to your Google Drive, or download it directly to your computer.
- When you choose to download a Google Drive movie to your computer, Google usually runs a virus scan on the file.
- Select the link to open the Google Drive movie file. You will be taken directly to the player screen.
- Click on the ‘Play’ icon to watch the movie.
- If you want to download the movie to your computer, click on the ‘Download’ icon at the right of the Google Drive movie.
- If you want to save the movie to your Google Drive, click on the ‘Add to My Drive’ icon on the top of the screen. Once you add the movie to your Google Drive, you can also download it later.
How to find and download movies added to Google Drive?
To download a movie from Google Drive,
- Find the file in your Google Drive by searching the file name on the search bar.
- Once the file has shown up, right-click or double-click it to open the additional options menu.
- Select ‘Download’ and choose where you want to save the movie on your computer.
- If too many people have recently downloaded the file, you won’t be able to download the file and you might hit a “quota exceeded” page
How to find and download Google Drive Movies Using Google Backup and Sync?
If you want to download a batch of movies saved to your Google Drive, you can use Google’s Backup and Sync desktop app to do this in the background.
- Download the Backup and Sync app from Google.
- Install the app.
- If you use Windows, you can see the “Google Backup and Sync” icon in the system tray area of the taskbar, and if Mac, you can see the app icon in the menu bar.
- Click on that icon.
- Select the three-dot options menu at the right corner and then select Preferences.
- In your Backup and Sync Preferences, select Google Drive. Choose the folder in which your movies are stored, select ‘Sync only these folders’ and click OK.
- Your Google Drive movies will be download in the background to your computer.
What is Processing a Google Drive Video?
Once you uploaded a video to Google Drive, it may take some time before you can open or download it. This time is for processing your video.
Processing a video involves converting your video to different formats, codecs, resolution so that it can be played on different devices.
- Google drive unable to process this video
- How to upload iPhone photos to google drive
- How to see folder size in google drive?
- Find duplicate files in google drive
- How do I resize an image in Google Drive
- delete recent activity on google drive
How long does it take for Google Drive to process a video?
There is not an exact answer to how long it takes for Google Drive to process a video. Sometimes, it took a few minutes to upload a video, and sometimes it may take even a week.
For example, if you are uploading a 2 GB video on the google drive, it will take up to 1 hour for uploading with a stable network connection. After uploading, Google drive takes an extra 20 minutes on average for processing the video.
The factors deciding how long it takes for Google Drive to process a video
There are several factors that decide how long it takes for Google Drive to process a video.
- One of the major factors is your video size. It will take a longer time for Google Drive to process a video if the video size is 1 GB large and it may take hours or days to process multiple large videos. The bigger the size of your video file, the larger the time will be taken by Google Drive to process.
- The next factor that determines the processing time is your internet speed. Google Drive takes more time to process your video in a slow network connection.
- The processing capability of your device may also affect the processing time of Google Drive. If you are running multiple heavy tasks on your computer or phone simultaneously, it will take more time for Google Drive to finish processing the video.
How to fix the video processing error in Google Drive?
When you get the video processing error on Google Drive and unable to download the video, you can share and create a link to download it.
To fix the video processing error,
- Go to Google Drive and select the processing video.
- Right-click on the video and select the “Share” option.
- Copy the link and open the link in a new tab.
- Once the processing video appears, click the three-dot menu icon at the right of the video and tap Download all.
This might fix the video processing error on Google Drive.
How to speed up the video processing time of Google Drive?
If your video is stuck at processing and you can’t download or open it on Google Drive, you can just wait for several days and check if there is any progress.
To speed up the video processing time of Google Drive,
- You can compress the large-sized videos before uploading them to Google Drive.
- You can avoid running or uploading multiple videos at the same time
- You should ensure a fast internet connection on your device.
What video format does google drive support?
Well next question comes, what video format does google drive support?
The maximum resolution for Google Drive video is 1920 x 1080. The video file extensions(formats) that are supported by Google Drive are
- .AVI (MJPEG video codec, PCM audio)
- .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec, MP2 audio)
- .FLV (Adobe — FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec, Vorbis Audio codec)
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs, AAC audio codec)
You may like following Google docs tutorials also:
- How to add column in Google docs
- Top useful Google Docs Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to change Google docs background
- How to bookmark Google docs
- How to encrypt Google docs
- How to add/hide comments Google docs
- How to access WhatsApp on Google Drive
- Pros and Cons of Google Drive
- How to select multiple files on Google Drive
- How to pin Google Drive to Taskbar
- Password protect document in Google drive
And voila! You can upload movies, find them, download it in various video formats from Google drive with ease! Fix the video processing error and speed up the time taken to process the video by following the above tips! I Hope, you got an idea How to find movies on google drive, google drive video processing, and the video formats supported in Google drive.