Sometimes Google Docs video is really crucial for your document. Do you want to insert a video in Google Docs document?. No worries though Google Docs is not providing a direct option to embed a video into Google Docs directly. But there is a workaround to insert a video directly into your Google Docs document.
Table Of Contents
How to embed a video in Google Docs
To insert a video in Google Docs, you just need to follow the below steps.
- Go to Google Slide and click on the Blank (+) option to create a new empty slide.
- Click on the Insert menu –> Choose Video option.
3. Now you can search for a video from youtube, or directly paste a youtube video link buy clicking on the By URL option or you can click on the Google Drive option to upload a video from Google Drive. I am uploading the Video from Google Drive.
4. Choose the Video from My Drive and click on the Select button.
5. Now the video will get uploaded to your Google Slide. Right click on the Video –> Select Copy option or Press Ctrl + C keys from your keyboard to copy the video.
6. Open your Google Docs document where you wish to add the video.
7. Click on the Insert menu –> Select Drawing option –> Choose + New button.
8. Now the drawing tool will open. Press Ctrl + V button to paste the video on the Drawing window. Finally, click on the Save and close button.
9. Now, the Video will get added to your Google Docs document. Double click on the video and it will open in the Drawing window then click on the Play button to play the video in Google Docs.
How To Embed A YouTube Video In Google Docs
To insert a YouTube video in Google Docs, you just need to follow the below steps
- Follow step-1 to step-2 from the above section.
- Click on the Search tab –> Paste the YouTube URL –> Select the Video –> Click on the Select button.
Or, You can also search for a term to find the video on youtube and select the Video.
3. Follow step – 5 to step – 9 from the above section to insert a youtube video into your Google Docs document.
Though Google Docs itself is not providing us with any direct approach to embed a video in Google Docs, we got a workaround to easily insert a video into Google Docs document.