Basically, when you add a header in Google Docs, By default, it’s a bit bigger in size. Now, when you have the requirement to reduce the header size in Google Docs or make header smaller in Google Docs, this article will help you for this purpose.
Table Of Contents
How to make header smaller in Google Docs
We will discuss 2 quick ways to make header smaller in Google Docs. But before that if you can check out
Approach-1: Using the Left ruler option
You can use the left ruler option to reduce the header in Google Docs. You just need to follow the below quick information.
- Open your Google Docs document where you wish to make the header smaller.
- Make sure the Show ruler option is selected for you. if not then, check out How to show ruler on Google Docs to get the ruler option in Google Docs.
3. Mouse over on the left ruler, your mouse cursor will change to double side arrow with the information “Top Margin”. Drag the double-sided arrow up to reduce the size of the header of your Google Docs document and you are done.
Approach-2: Using the Page Setup option
You can also use the page setup window to reduce the size of the header in Google Docs. Follow the below quick instructions.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the File menu –> choose Page Setup option.
3. On the Page setup window, Reduce the top margin based on your requirement.
4. Finally click on the Ok button to save the changes.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to check word count on Google docs
- How to remove footnotes in Google Docs
- How To Move A Table In Google Docs
- How to remove Google docs page numbers
- How To Add Checkbox In Google docs
voila! we discussed how easy to make header smaller in Google Docs. Now it’s your your turn to resize the header in Google Docs based on your need.