Letterheads are quite important to recognize your business. So you should know to make a perfect letterhead for your company. In this article, I will make you learn how to make letterhead in Google Docs.
Table Of Contents
How to make a letterhead in Google Docs
To create letterhead in Google Docs, either you can use the Google Docs templates or you can create your own customized letterhead template.
Creating letterhead in Google Docs using Templates
You can use the existing Google Docs templates for creating a letterhead in Google Docs with slight modifications. For instance you can use the existing template and then change the company name, address, logo, etc based on yours. Follow the below steps.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/.
- Click on the Template gallery option to view all the available templates.
3. Scroll down to the Letters section, where you will see all the predefined letter templates provided by Google Docs.
4. Click on the specific letter template you want to use and then modify the company name, address, Logo, etc based on yours.
5. To insert a logo, you can click on the Insert menu –> Select Image –> Click on the desired option like Upload from computer, Drive, Photos, Camera, etc from where you want to upload the logo from.
Creating a custom letterhead in Google Docs
If you are not happy with the letter templates provided by Google Docs then you can create your own customized letterhead in Google Docs using the below steps.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and click on the + (Empty) button to create an empty Google Docs document.
2. Click on the Insert menu –> Select Headers & footers option –> Then click on the Header option to insert a header to your Google Docs document.
3. Now, on the header insert a 2 x 1 table. To insert the table, click on the insert menu –> Select table –> choose 2 columns and 1 row.
Now, the structure should look like below.
4. Now the next step is, we will add the company name address and contact details on the left cell and the logo of the company on the right cell of the table.
Just copy and paste the company name and address including the contact details on the left cell. Use all the formatting options to make the text looks good as per the need like change the company name text to bold, a different font color, change the font size to a bit bigger, etc.
To insert the logo on the right side cell, click on the right cell –> then click on the insert menu –> select the image option –> choose the logo from computer or Drive etc.
Now select the logo and click on the in line option and then select the right allign option to make the logo right aligned. You can adjust the size of the image by clicking on the sizing handles.
5. The next step is to remove the table border. To do that, select the complete content of the table –> click on the Border width option and choose the 0pt from the list of options.
6. Now the letter head looks like below.
7. If you want, you can insert a footer and mention the official website there. If you don’t want to mention the contact details and email address on the header, you can also keep those details on the footer section.
To insert a footer click on insert menu –> Select Headers & footers –> choose the Footer option.
8. Click on the Footer and type the necessory information that you want to mention on the footer part. For instance, In the footer section I kept the official website of my company and now the footer section looks like below.
9. Now the letterhead for my company is ready and it looks like below.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to make lined paper in Google Docs
- How To Create Google Docs Template?
- Press Release Template Google Docs
- Business Plan Template Google Docs
- Creating a book template in Google Docs
- Google Docs Newspaper Template
- Google Docs Screenplay Template
- Google Docs Quiz Template
We made a simple letterhead in Google Docs. So now it’s your turn to make a profesional letterhead in Google Docs using the instruction mentioned in this article. Thanks for reading this article !!!.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.