In this article, we will discuss how to put a bar over a letter in Google Docs. It is so simple. Let’s deep dive into that.
How to put a bar over a letter in Google Docs
Let’s discuss here 2 simple approaches to put a line or bar over a letter in Google Docs.
Follow the below quick steps to add a bar over a letter in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs document where you wish to type a bar over a letter in Google Docs.
- Place the cursor at the exact location where you wish to add the letter.
- Click on the Insert menu –> Select the Equation option.
4. Now, the equation box will get added.
5. Type \overline inside the Equation box then press the space bar immediately. Now, you can able to see a bar added inside the equation box.
6. Now type the letter or word over which you wish to keep the bar and you are done.
Follow the below quick steps
- Open your Google Docs document and click on the exact place where you wish to add the letter.
- Click on the View menu –> Select the show equation toolbar option.
3. Once you will enable this option, you can able to see the New equation option.
4. Click on the New equations button –> then click on the Math Operations dropdown –> Select the highlighted option.
5. You will see the bar is added to the equation box.
6. Then type a letter inside the equation box.
You may also like following the below articles
- How do you do plus minus symbol in Google Docs (± Sign)
- How to put an arrow over a letter in Google Docs
- How to make a bracket in Google Docs
- How to uncapitalize text in Google Docs
- How to make a concept map on Google Docs
- What is the biggest font style in Google Docs
Voila! it’s so easy to put a bar over a letter in Google Docs using the above instructions. Thanks for reading this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.