While working on your Google Docs document, sometimes, you might see this warning “This document is not ready for offline use. If you lose an internet connection, you can’t edit this document. To access your documents without an internet connection, turn on offline”.
In this Google Docs article, we will quickly see where to see this warning and what all you need to do from your end to avoid this warning.
This document is not ready for offline use
Follow the below quick steps to check if you are seeing this warning on your Google Docs document.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the “See document status Google Docs” icon/button that is present next to the Move option on the top left side of your Google Docs document as shown below.
3. The moment you will click on the See document status option, you will see this warning as shown below.
Now, to fix or avoid this warning, you need to perform the below steps.
- Click on the Turn on the button that is present just down the warning as shown above.
- Now, to install the Google Docs offline Chrome extension, click on the Install button on the below pop-up.
3. Click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
4. Click on the Add extension button on the next pop-up as shown below.
5. Click on the Reload button to take effect on the next pop-up.
6. Click on the See document status option again and then on the below pop-up, click on the Turn on button.
7. Click on the Reload button on the next pop-up.
8. Now, to cross-check, Click on the See document status option again, this time you will not see the warning rather you will see the message “This document is ready for offline use” and you are done it successfully without any issue.
Note: The above method will work in the Google Chrome browser.
You may also like following the below articles
In this Google Docs article, we discussed how to see and fix the warning “This document is not ready for offline use”. Thanks for reading this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.