Assigning an action item in Google Docs is so easy. In this article, we will quickly discuss how to assign an action item in Google Docs.
Table Of Contents
How to assign action items in Google Docs [Computer]
Follow the below quick steps to assign the action items in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Select the action item that you wish to assign.
- Then click on the Add comment button as shown below.
4. Enter/type @ symbol and then select the person you wish to assign the task.
5. Make sure to select the assign to checkbox. Once you will select the checkbox, the Comment button will change to the Assign button. Click on the Assign button.
6. On the Someone needs access window, click on the Comment button and you are done.
Now, you can able to see the respective action item that has been assigned successfully to the selected user.
How to assign action items in Google Docs [Mobile]
You can also assign action items in Google Docs App using the below steps.
- Open the Docs app on your mobile and tap on the Google Docs document to open.
- Tap on the pencil icon to edit the Google Docs document.
- Select the action item, tap on the plus (+) sign from the top –> then tap on the comment option.
4. Enter the mail id of the person, you wish to assign the action item, and then make sure to select the Assign to check box –> after that tap on the send button and you are done.
Now, you can able to see, the issue has been assigned to the selected person successfully.
You may also like following the below article
- How to add/hide comments Google docs
- Print Google Docs With Comments
- Google Docs Commenter vs Editor
- How to Share Google Docs with others?
It is so easy to assign action items in Google Docs on your computer and mobile using the above information mentioned in this article. Thanks for reading this article and now it’s your turn to utilize this opportunity.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.