Margins are quite important while working with a Google Docs document and it is just an empty space around your document that actually helps you to maintain a blank space between the content or texts and the edge of your document.
Margin helps you to improve the look and feel of your document.
Note that margins are different than the indents.
Table Of Contents
- How to edit Margins In Google Docs
- Wrapping Up
How to edit Margins In Google Docs
Are you wondering how do you change margins in Google Docs, it’s quite easy and here we will discuss multiple approaches to adjust margins in Google Docs.
Basically, there are 2 best ways for changing margins in Google Docs and those are as below
- Approach-1: By using Page Set up option
- Approach-2: By using the ruler option
Approach-1: By using Page Set up option
You can easily use the Page Setup option to adjust the margins on your Google Docs document.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the File menu –> Choose Page Setup.
3. On the Page setup window, modify the values for top, bottom, left, and right. You just need to click on the box to modify the values for each one.
Finally, click on the OK button.
Approach-2: By using the ruler option
You can also use the ruler option to modify the margins in Google Docs using the below quick steps.
- Firstly, there is a chance you might not see the ruler option, Not to worry get the ruler option in Google Docs now
2. Then, Mouse hover over the gray area you can see either at the start of the ruler or at the end of the ruler, you will find the cursor will convert as an arrow.
3. Now, click there and drag towards left or right to adjust the margins in your Google Docs.
You can also edit header margins in Google Docs.
To change the bottom margin in Google Docs, follow the below quick instruction.
- Perform step-1 and step – 2 from the above section.
- Update the margin only for the bottom –> Click on the Ok button to save the changes.
How to remove margins in Google Docs
Well, if you don’t want margins in Google Docs and wish to remove margins, then follow the quick instruction mentioned below.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on File menu –> Select Page Setup option.
- On the Page setup window, update the value 0 for the Top, Bottom, Left, and Right margins, and then click the Ok button to save the changes.
Can you change margins in Google Docs
Answer: Yes, you can change the margins in Google Docs using the Page Setup and the ruler option.
Where to change margins in Google Docs
Answer: You can change the margins by clicking on File –> Page setup –> Modify the values for top, bottom, left, and right. and you can also access the ruler option to change the margin.
How to change margins in Google Docs app
Follow the below quick steps the change the margins on Google Docs App on your IPhone or IPad.
- Open the Docs app on your mobile.
- Tap on the Google Docs to open –> Then tap on the “Pencil” icon to edit the document.
- Tap on the three-dots menu from the top-right corner and then tap the “Page setup.” option as shown in the below screenshot.Then choose the required paper size.
4. Tap on the Margins option.
5. Select the Narrow, Default, or Wide options. You can also select the set custom margins option and set the Margins as per your requirement and then tap on the Apply button to save the changes.
How to change margins in Google Docs on Android
Answer: There is no option to change margins in Google Docs on Android.
How to check the margins in Google Docs
Answer: You can check the margins using the Page Setup option and the ruler option. Check out the above information for more details.
You may also like following the below articles
Well, in this article, we have discussed how easy to change the margins in Google Docs using the page setup and the ruler option.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.