Do you want to know how to get synonyms in Google Docs? Then you are at the right place. In this article, we will quickly learn the Google Docs synonyms tool.
Table Of Contents
Google Docs Synonyms
There are multiple ways to get synonyms in Google Docs
- Using the inbuilt synonyms tool (Dictionary option).
- Using OneLook Thesaurus add-ons.
- Using Power Thesaurus for Google Docs add-ons.
How to find synonyms in Google Docs
Follow the below steps to use the built-in synonyms tool in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Select the word for which you want to find the Synonym.
- Now, click on tools –> Select the Dictionary option.
This way, you can use the Google Docs synonym tool. Along with this, you can also use the Google Docs add-on to get the synonym.
- Click on Extensions –> Select Add-ons –> Choose Get add-ons.
2. Search for OneLook Thesaurus and click on the OneLook Thesaurus add-on.
3. Click on the Install button to install the OneLook Thesaurus add-on.
4. Click on the Continue button in the next window.
5. Choose your Gmail account to allow the installation.
6. Finally, click on the allow button.
Now, to use the onelook thesaurus add-ons in Google Docs, use the below steps
- Click on Extensions –> choose onelook thesaurus option.
2. Select Home.
3. Select the word –> click on the Synonyms option from the right side.
Or, you can also follow the below instructions for the same
Select the word –> Click Extensions –> Choose OneLook Thesaurus –> Click Synonyms.
Power Thesaurus for Google Docs
You can also use other Google Docs add-ons i.e Power Thesaurus for Google Docs to quickly get the Synonyms in Google Docs. You can follow the below steps to install and use the Power Thesaurus for Google Docs add-ons.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on Extensions –> select Add-ons –> choose Get Add-ons.
- Search for Power Thesaurus for Google Docs and click on the search result Power Thesaurus for Google Docs add-on.
4. Click the Install button –> then click the Continue button in the next window.
5. Select your Gmail account –> Click on the Allow button in the next window –> Finally, click the Done button.
Now, you are done with installing Power Thesaurus for Google Docs add-ons.
To use the Power Thesaurus for Google Docs add-on, follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Extensions menu –> select Power Thesaurus for Google Docs –> choose Home.
2. On the right side you can able to see the Power Thesaurus window, enter the word for the one you want to find the Synonyms –> click on the Search selected button.
Which Google Docs tool can help you find synonyms to improve your word choice?
Answer: Onelook Thesaurus
How to get synonyms in Google Docs
Navigate to Tools –> Dictionary or, you can also press Ctrl + Shift + Y keys from your keyboard to access the same option.
You may also like following the articles below
Well, we have discussed multiple ways to get Google Docs Synonyms. Now it’s your turn to use the benefit provided by Google Docs.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.