Looking for adding fonts to Google Docs? No worries, you are at the right place. In this article, you will learn how to add custom fonts to Google Docs with multiple approaches.
- To add fonts to Google Docs, click on the More Fonts option from the Font dropdown –> Select the font –> Click Ok.
- You can also use the Extensis Fonts Add-ons to add custom fonts to Google Docs.
Sometimes, you might not be happy with the lists of fonts present on the Font dropdown and you may need some more fonts to add to your Google Docs document.
Table Of Contents
How To Add Fonts To Google Docs
Two key ways to add a font to your Google Docs document.
- Approach-1: Use the More fonts option.
- Approach-2: Using Extensis Fonts Add-ons.
Approach-1: Using the More Fonts option
This is the easiest way to add fonts to Google Docs. You just need to follow the below steps.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the Font drop-down menu option –> click on the More Fonts option.
3. Select the fonts you want to add. You can able to see the selected fonts under My Fonts. Finally, click on the Ok button to add the selected fonts to your Google Docs document.
Now, to use the newly added font in your Google Docs document, click on the Font dropdown again from the toolbar and select the new one from the list.
Approach-2: Using Extensis Fonts Add-ons
You can also use the Extensis Fonts third-party Add-on to add fonts to your Google Docs document using the below quick steps.
- Click on the Extensions menu –> select the Add-ons option –> Choose Get add-ons.
2. Search for “Extensis Fonts” and click on the search result “Extensis Fonts“.
3. Click on the Install button in the next window and then click Continue.
4. Select your Google account and then click on the Allow button in the next window.
5. On successful installation, you will get a message Extensis Fonts has been installed!. Click on the Next button and then the Done button on the next window.
How to use Extensis Fonts in Google Docs
- Now to use the Extensis Fonts add-on, Select the text –> Click on the Extensions menu –> Select the Extensis Fonts option –> Click Start.
- Select the Font from the list based on your requirement.
- You can able to see the new font here below.
Can you upload your own fonts in Google Docs?
Answer: No, you are not allowed to upload your own fonts in Google Docs But you can access a different set of authorized fonts using the More Fonts inbuild option and third-party add-ons like Extensis Fonts.
You may also like following the below articles
We have discussed multiple approaches to add fonts to Google Docs. Now it’s your turn to add custom fonts to Google Docs.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.