Google Docs amplify the look of your documents and well groom it with the use of images, shapes, and lines. Adding Word Art is a great way to give the touch of a visual treat for the users. Word Art is not only limited to Microsoft word. You can also use the word art in Google Docs. Google Docs word art gives flavor to the decorative text of your document. Let’s see more about what is Google Docs word art and how to use it effectively.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Word Art
- 2 How to insert Word Art in Google Docs?
- 3 Google Docs word art using “Google Drawings”
- 4 How to curve words in google docs?
- 5 How do you bend text in google docs?
- 6 How to circle text in google docs?
- 7 Google Docs word art add on
- 8 Google Docs word art using “Word art generator”
- 9 WordArt — Word art generator for Google Docs
- 10 Wordclouds — Word art generator for Google Docs
- 11 Google Docs word art using “chrome word” art extension
Benefits of Word Art
- Word Art is a much better option than using a normal text box in Docs since it makes some dramatic looking text.
- The text in Word art is treated a bit like an image that allows you to change the size without being limited to font sizes.
- You will have a mixed template of colors that can be used in different ways.
- You have control over more similar to that of shapes like changing the outline color (fill color), the text color (line color), line thickness of the outline, and add also dotted lines which are not possible in the text box.
- Word Art is the best feature to highlight your text to make a title, caption, and subheadings.
- How to use script editor in Google docs
- Popular Google Docs add ons
- How to view Google docs anonymously
- Google docs line spacing
- How to add Google Docs Image Caption
How to insert Word Art in Google Docs?
There are some ways you can add word art in your Docs. Some of them are
- Google Docs word art using “Google Drawings”
- Docs word art using “Word art Generator”
- Docs word art using “chrome word” art extension
Google Docs word art using “Google Drawings”
- Sign in to your Google account and open Google Drawings tool(You can also go to your Google Docs and click Insert > Drawing > New)
- Head over to the menu bar and click Insert > Word art
- A text box will pop up and allow you to enter your text.
- You can add a single line or add multiple lines by using “Shift + Enter”.
- You can format your text as you wish using the “Format options” sidebar at the right side of the drawing tool.
- You can change the size & rotation, position, drop shadow, and add reflection.
- Once you add magic for your text using the “word art” option, hit “Save & close”
- Your word art for Docs will get stored in Google Drive.
- Now open your Docs document where you want to add your word art. Click Insert > Drawings > From Drive
- Select your word art file from your Google drive and insert it into your Docs.
How to curve words in google docs?
Even though there is no straight way to curve words in Google docs, you can use some workarounds to achieve this. You can draw a curve line in your Google Docs document using the curve tool in Google Docs, and then insert a text box and finally resize it to fit to the curve to use in your Google Docs document.
How do you bend text in google docs?
You can make your text more attractive by making words in a curve in Google Docs using the Google Drawings tool.
- Open Google Drawings tool and head over to the “Insert” menu
- Click Insert > Line > Curve
- Draw a curve that fits your words
- Now add a text box on the curve by clicking Insert > Textbox
- Align your text to the curve. Now insert it into your Google Docs. And that’s it, you have curve words in Google Docs.
How to circle text in google docs?
You can circle your text in Google Docs using the Google Drawings tool.
- Open Google Drawings tool and head over to the “Insert” menu
- Click Insert > Shape > Shapes > circle icon
- Draw a circle that fits your text
- Now add a text box on the circle by clicking Insert > Textbox
- Align your text to the circle. Rotate the text box aligning to the circle and make necessary adjustments.
- Now insert it into your Google Docs. And that’s it, you have now circle text in Google Docs.
Google Docs word art add on
There are no add-ons available in the G-suite market place yet to design your Docs with word art. But you can use various word art generators available online and chrome extension to add the Word art in your Docs.
Google Docs word art using “Word art generator”
If you are not comfortable with Drawings tool, you can use various word art generator available online to insert into your Docs.
WordArt — Word art generator for Google Docs
WordArt.com is an online word art generator that enables you to create the word art, download it as an image, and insert it into your Docs easily.
Features of WordArt
- Customizing your text with WordArt is very easy and more effective. It is quite similar to the one you’re using in a typical WordArt option in “Microsoft Word”.
- You can just insert the word, add your WordArt style, download it as png image files, and insert an image into your Google Docs.
Wordclouds — Word art generator for Google Docs
Wordclouds.com is a free online word art generator that works extremely well on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Features of Wordclouds
- You can paste single text, upload a long document, or open an URL to automatically generate a word art.
- You have a cluster of options to customize your word art with shapes, themes, colors, and fonts.
- You can save the WordArt as an image and insert it into your Google Docs document.
Google Docs word art using “chrome word” art extension
Wordartprints is a word art extension available in Docs that allows you to create a free fantastic looking word art.
- You have the option to choose over 500 designs to make your Docs word art more beautiful.
- You can effortlessly add your own personalized words to the custom-designed word art and also preview your Wordart.
- You have the option to download as an image and insert it straight into your Google Docs.
You may like following docs tutorials:
You can make your document more visually beautiful using Word Art in your Google Docs by simply following the above methods!