Google Docs amplify the look of your documents and well groom it with the use of images, shapes, and lines. Adding Word Art is a great way to give the touch of a visual treat for the users. Word Art is not only limited to Microsoft word. You can also use the word art in Google Docs. Google Docs word art gives flavor to the decorative text of your document. Let’s see more about what is Google Docs word art and how to use it effectively.
Table Of Contents
- What is Word Art?
- Benefits of Word Art
- How to insert Word Art in Google Docs?
- Google Docs word art using “Google Drawings”
- How to curve words in google docs?
- How do you bend text in google docs?
- Google Docs word art add on
- Google Docs word art using “Word art generator”
- WordArt — Word art generator for Google Docs
- Wordclouds — Word art generator for Google Docs
- Google Docs word art using “chrome word” art extension
- Can you add word art in Google Docs?
- Shapes, Callouts, Arrows
- Wrapping Up:
What is Word Art?
Word Art is an excellent feature that actually helps to highlight the different text in an interesting way and gives a flavor to the decorative text of your document. Now Let’s discuss Why Use Word Art? and the Benefits of Word Art.
Benefits of Word Art
- Word Art is a much better option than using a normal text box in Docs since it makes some dramatic looking text.
- The text in Word art is treated a bit like an image that allows you to change the size without being limited to font sizes.
- You will have a mixed template of colors that can be used in different ways.
- You have control over more similar to that of shapes like changing the outline color (fill color), the text color (line color), line thickness of the outline, and add also dotted lines which are not possible in the text box.
- Word Art is the best feature to highlight your text to make a title, caption, and subheadings.
- How to use script editor in Google docs
- Popular Google Docs add ons
- How to view Google docs anonymously
- Google docs line spacing
- How to add Google Docs Image Caption
How to insert Word Art in Google Docs?
let’s see How to use word art in google docs?. There are some ways you can add word art in your Docs. Some of them are
- Google Docs word art using “Google Drawings”
- Docs word art using “Word art Generator”
- Docs word art using “chrome word” art extension
Google Docs word art using “Google Drawings”
- Sign in to your Google account and open the Google Drawings tool(You can also go to your Google Docs and click Insert > Drawing > New)
- Head over to the menu bar and click Insert > Word art
- A text box will pop up and allow you to enter your text.
- You can add a single line or add multiple lines by using “Shift + Enter”.
- You can format your text as you want using the “Format options” sidebar at the right side of the drawing tool.
- You can change the size & rotation, position, drop shadow, and add reflection.
- Once you add magic for your text using the “word art” option, hit “Save & close”
- Your word art for Docs will get stored in Google Drive.
- Now open your Docs document where you wish to add your word art. Click Insert > Drawings > From Drive
- Select your word art file from your Google drive and insert it into your Docs.
How to curve words in google docs?
Even though there is no straight way to curve words in Google docs, you can use some workarounds to achieve this. You can draw a curve line in your Google Docs document using the curve tool in Google Docs, and then insert a text box and finally resize it to fit to the curve to use in your Google Docs document.
How do you bend text in google docs?
If you want your text to look more attractive, then make it looks like a curve structure in Google Docs using the Google Drawings tool.
- Open Google Drawings tool and head over to the “Insert” menu
- Click Insert > Line > Curve
- Draw a curve that fits your words
- Now add a text box on the curve by clicking Insert > Textbox
- Align your text to the curve. Now insert it into your Google Docs. And that’s it, you have curve words in Google Docs.
Google Docs word art add on
There are no add-ons available in the G-suite marketplace yet to design your Docs with word art. But you can use various word art generators available online and chrome extension to add the Word art in your Docs.
Google Docs word art using “Word art generator”
If you are not comfortable with the Drawings tool, you can use various word art generators available online to insert into your Docs.
WordArt — Word art generator for Google Docs
WordArt.com is an excellent word art generator website that helps you with the opportunity to create the word art, download it as an image, and insert it into your Docs easily.
Features of WordArt
- Customizing your text with WordArt is very easy and more effective. It is quite similar to the one you’re using in a typical WordArt option in “Microsoft Word”.
- You can just insert the word, add your WordArt style, download it as png image files, and insert an image into your Google Docs.
Wordclouds — Word art generator for Google Docs
Wordclouds.com is a free online word art generator that works extremely well on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Features of Wordclouds
- You can paste single text, upload a long document, or open an URL to automatically generate a word art.
- You have a cluster of options to customize your word art with shapes, themes, colors, and fonts.
- You can save the WordArt as an image and insert it into your Google Docs document.
Google Docs word art using “chrome word” art extension
Wordartprints is a word art extension available in Docs that allows you to create free fantastic-looking word art.
- You have the option to choose over 500 designs to make your Docs word art more beautiful.
- You can effortlessly add your own personalized words to the custom-designed word art and also preview your Wordart.
- You have the option to download as an image and insert it straight into your Google Docs.
You may like the following docs tutorials:
You can make your document more visually beautiful using Word Art in your Google Docs by simply following the above methods!. This is How to Insert Word Art in Google Docs (Step-by-Step) or How to make WordArt text in Google docs document online.
Can you add word art in Google Docs?
Yes, you can add word art in Google Docs using the above steps.
Shapes, Callouts, Arrows
You can also insert the Shapes, Callouts, Arrows into your Google Docs. If you want to insert any of these options you can find out the respective shapes icon and then choose whatever you want.
You got a wonderful idea on Google docs word art. Now, it’s your turn to insert word art into your Google Docs document using the above simple approaches.