A lot of Whatsapp users came up with questions like — “Is it possible to access WhatsApp backup that I have previously taken from my phone on Google Drive? Can someone tell me how to access WhatsApp backup directly?” And the answer is simple. It is very easy to back up or restore and download your Whatsapp chats from Google Drive. Let’s see how to access WhatsApp on Google Drive.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to access WhatsApp on Google Drive
- 2 How to Access WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive?
- 3 How to read WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive on PC?
- 4 How to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling?
- 5 How to restore your chat history?
How to access WhatsApp on Google Drive
Google Drive’s Whatsapp backup is a great idea to back up your messages, photos, and videos. If you want your more important deleted messages and media in Whatsapp back, then the Google Drive backup feature will be the best bet for you.
Your Google Drive storage space will not get reduced by the Whatsapp backup chat history. Let’s see how to access WhatsApp backup on Google Drive, how to download Whatsapp backup, restore and read them from Google Drive.
- How to access Whatsapp backup on Google Drive?
- How to backup your Whatsapp chats on your mobile?
- How to read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on PC?
- How to download Whatsapp backup from Google Drive
- How to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling?
- How to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup?
- Why can’t I create or restore a Google Drive Backup?
How to Access WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive?
If you are an Android user, then you can access WhatsApp backup on Google Drive. WhatsApp automatically backs up and saves your messages to your phone’s memory daily. However, depending on your settings, you can also back up your Whatsapp chats and media to Google Drive.
This means that even after you delete WhatsApp from your phone, your messages will be safe. You have to just be sure to back up before you uninstall the Whatsapp. Before you proceed, you have to make sure that you have already taken a backup of all your WhatsApp chats.
To backup your Whatsapp chats,
- Open your Whatsapp and go to the app’s Settings
- Tap Chats > Chat Backup and then tap on the “Back Up” button.
- You can also take the backup of all the media like images, videos, and recordings by checking in the boxes.
- Before taking backup in your mobile, just make sure that your WhatsApp account is linked to an active Google account beforehand.
To learn how to access WhatsApp backup on Google Drive,
- Open Google Drive on your computer and log-in to your Google account where your Whatsapp backup is saved.
- Now, Click on the gear icon on the top-right corner of the screen to open the Google Drive Settings.
- Once the Google Drive settings are launched, go to the “Managing Apps” section.
- You can see the “Whatsapp Messenger” tab. This section has the Whatsapp chat history and media backup for android.
- Click on the “Options” tab of WhatsApp Messenger to access it.
- Accessing WhatsApp backup on Google Drive will only let you navigate the backup or delete it.
- WhatsApp backup data is protected by end-to-end encryption.
- So you won’t be able to read your messages or extract them to any other application just by accessing.
How to read WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive on PC?
So obviously now you came up with a question “Earlier, I took a backup of my WhatsApp chats on Google Drive, but I can’t find any solution to access it. Can someone tell me how to read WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on PC?”
Even though WhatsApp allows us to take a backup of your chats to Google Drive and access it, you can’t able to read it on your PC or any other third-party applications. This is because the Whatsapp backup is end-to-end encrypted.
To read your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on PC,
- You have to first delete WhatsApp and install it back on your phone.
- Now, launch the app, and make sure that your phone is linked to the same Google account.
- While setting up the account, enter the same phone number as linked to WhatsApp earlier.
- Now, WhatsApp will automatically detect the presence of a previous backup and ask for restore backup.
- Just click on the “Restore” button.
- Maintain a stable internet connection to quicken the process of restoring the backup to your device.
- Once the backup is done, click on the ‘Next’ button to open the WhatsApp.
As every WhatsApp data are backed up, you will be now able to restore your WhatsApp backup every time you reinstall WhatsApp in your device.
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling?
Now, let us see How to restore Whatsapp backup from Google drive?
You can use dr.fone, a reliable WhatsApp Recovery tool for both iPhone and Android to restore WhatsApp messages
To restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling,
- You need to download the dr.fone – Android Toolkit and choose the Recovery option.
- The dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android) allows you to recover WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, music, and more as well as attachments easily on your Android device.
How to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup?
To recover deleted WhatsApp messages on your device without backup,
- You have to make use of some data recovery software available online like PhoneRescue,fonedog, and dr.fone.
Why can’t I create or restore a Google Drive Backup?
This is one of the most problems you encounter during restoring your backup. You may find it difficult to backup, read, or restore your WhatsApp backup. You can’t create or restore a Google Drive backup because
- You may not use the same email account you used for Google Drive Backup.
- You may use a different phone number to restore Google Drive Backup that was not used to create the backup.
- It may probably a corrupted or malware-attacked SD Card or WhatsApp Chat history.
To fix the backup restoring issues,
- Check that your phone has an active Google account, and if not, simply create one on the device.
- Check that Google Play Services is already installed on your phone.
- If you are trying to create a backup via cellular network data, then ensure a stable connection. You can also shift to Wifi.
How to restore your chat history?
The most important thing here is if you want to restore a backup from Google Drive, you must use the same google account and phone number that you have used to create the backup.
Follow the below steps to restore your chart history and other media files.
- The first step is to uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp
- Now, open WhatsApp and verify your phone number
- Then it will prompt you with the Restore option. Tap the Restore to restore the charts and all other media that are available in Google Drive.
- Once the complete restore process will over, click on the Next button to see the Charts.
You may like following Google drive tutorials:
- How to find movies on google drive
- How to empty trash in Google Drive
- Google drive unable to process this video
- How to upload iPhone photos to google drive
- How to see folder size in google drive?
- How do I resize an image in Google Drive
- delete recent activity on google drive
And Voila! You can access WhatsApp backup on Google Drive, download Whatsapp backup, restore and read them from Google Drive.
The above steps will also solve the below queries
- how to read whatsapp backup from google drive on pc
- download whatsapp backup from google drive
- how to restore whatsapp backup from google drive without uninstalling
- how to download whatsapp backup from google drive
- how to restore whatsapp backup from google drive
- how to download a whatsapp backup from google drive
- how to access whatsapp backup on google drive
- restore whatsapp from google drive
- how to read whatsapp backup on google drive
- how to restore whatsapp backup without uninstalling
- google drive whatsapp backup
- How to Download WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How can I download WhatsApp backup from Google drive to PC?