Google docs offer a cluster of options to insert an image. But we can’t download or save an image from a Google Doc with just right-clicking and Save. Google Docs doesn’t allow you to directly copy, download, or save images from a file and use them in your computer’s clipboard. So let’s look at how to extract, download, or save images from Google docs to a computer, phone, or iPhone.
- How to set background image or color in Google docs
- Google docs or Office 365 or Word Online or Microsoft Office
- Difference between google docs and google drive
Google docs only allow you to crop, adjust, or replace the images by right-clicking on an image. There is no download option. If you want to publish a post somewhere else, how can we solve this issue and extract your pictures out of Google Docs?
Table Of Contents
- How to extract/download/save Images From Google Docs to the computer and phone?
- How to save or download images from Google Docs using Google Keep?
- How to save or download images from Google Docs using Publish to Web?
- How to save images from google docs to computer using the HTML webpage?
- How to download photos from google docs using the Add-ons?
- How to save or download images from Google Docs using screenshots?
- How to save or download images from Google Docs using Microsoft word?
- Why saving pictures from google docs is difficult?
How to extract/download/save Images From Google Docs to the computer and phone?
You can extract, download, or save images from Google Docs to your computer and phone with the below bunch of ways.
- Download images from Google Docs using Google Keep
- Save images from Google Docs using Publish to Web
- save or download images from Google Docs using the HTML webpage
- save or download images from Google Docs using the Add-ons
- save or download images from Google Docs using screenshots
- save or download images from Google Docs using Microsoft word
How to save or download images from Google Docs using Google Keep?
Google Keep provides a diverse set of tools for taking notes, including text, lists, images, and audio. Google Keep is a note-taking service that is now integrated with Google Docs. You can easily save images from google docs using keep by following the below instructions.
- Open your document in google docs
- Right-click the image you want to extract from Google Docs.
- Click on “Save to Keep” option
4. A sidebar will appear on the right side of the google docs displaying the image you want to save.
5. Right-click on the image and click “save image as” .Give an appropriate name for the image.
You can now upload or drag this image wherever you want.
How to save or download images from Google Docs using Publish to Web?
Google docs have a built-in feature to extract, save, or download images from Google docs to computers and phones by publishing on the web.
- Open your document in google docs.
- Click File > Publish to the web
- A pop up will appear that allows you to publish the image on the web. Click the “publish” button.
- Google docs show a confirmation pop up. Click “OK” to publish.
- A published link will be displayed. Press ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the image URL.
- You will see a published web version of your image if you paste this copied URL in a new tab.
- Now right-click on the image and select “Save image as”
Give an appropriate name and use it wherever you want. You have you can also an option to un-publish the link if you don’t want other people to find it.
How to save images from google docs to computer using the HTML webpage?
Webpage is a built-in download feature in Google Docs to download the entire document as a web page on your computer. It has an added advantage of downloading multiple files at a time.
- Open your document in google docs.
- Click on File > Download > Web Page (.html, zipped)
- Your file will be downloaded as a web page.
- Open your Downloads folder. You can see the zipped file with the same name as your Google Docs’ title.
- Double-click on the zipped file to open it. You can see all the images in the images folder.
How to download photos from google docs using the Add-ons?
The customized extension of google docs allow you to bulk extract or remove or mask images of a document in just a click and save it into your google drive.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click Add-ons > Get add-ons.
- A new window will open that requires you to enter the add-ons. Type “Image extractor” on the search bar. Click on the Image extractor & remover.
- The image extractor needs your permission to start installing. Click the “Continue” button to install in your google docs add-ons.
- Once you’ve installed the plugin, go back to the document in google docs.
- Click Add-ons > Image Extractor & Remover
You have a bunch of options to save the image in your drive. You can choose one of the options to save in your drive.
How to save or download images from Google Docs using screenshots?
This method best suits you only if you have few images to extract that are of high-resolution.
Before taking screenshots, enlarge your web browser to full screen, select the image, and zoom in to the desired size.
- To extract images from Google Docs using screenshots in Mac:
Press Shift + Command + 4
- To extract images from Google Docs using screenshots in the computer:
Press Ctrl + PrtScr
You can also use Windows + shift + S for taking snip that saved to clipboard.
- You can also use the screenshot option on your mobile phones to take a snip of pictures.
How to save or download images from Google Docs using Microsoft word?
Open your document in google docs.
Click File > Download as > Microsoft Word (.docx)
Your Google Docs document will be converted into word format. All the formatting and content will remain including the images. You can copy, cut, or paste the images from Microsoft word.
Why saving pictures from google docs is difficult?
In Google Docs, the apparent way to save the pictures is to copy each image into a different app like Photoshop, which is later saving it to your computer.
This is tedious work when you have several images to save. It is even more frustrating with google docs because when images are pasted in, Google resizes pictures to fit the document’s width. So copying the image sometimes won’t give you the exact size of the picture.
With the above instructions, you can extract, download, and save images from the google docs easily.