What if you have the requirement to convert your Google Docs file to a Plain text file? and you need to share the google docs file with someone as a plain text file. No worries, this article will help you to fulfill your need.
Table Of Contents
How to download Google Docs as Plain text (.txt) file
There are two ways to convert your Google Docs file into a Plain text (.txt) file.
- Approach-1: Using the Download option
- Approach-2: Using the Notepad
Approach-1: Using the Download option
Follow the below steps to create a Google Docs Plain text (.txt) file, follow the below steps
- Open your Google Docs file that you wish to convert to plain text (.txt) file.
- Click on the File menu –> Select Download option –> Choose Plain text (.txt) option.
3. Once downloaded, click on the file to open and now you will find the Google Docs file will open as a plain text (.txt) file.
Approach-2: Using the Notepad
Another simple approach to converting your Google Docs to a plain text (.txt) file is copying your content to a notepad file.
- Open your Google Docs file that you wish to convert to a plain text (.txt) file.
- Press Ctrl + A keyboard shortcut to select all the content –> Press Ctrl + C keys or right-click and select the Copy option to copy the content.
3. Open notepad –> Press Ctrl + V to paste the content or You can right-click on the blank notepad –> Choose the Paste option.
4. On the notepad, click File –> Save As –> Provide the name same as your Google Docs document –> Click Save button.
You can also press Ctrl + S to save the notepad
How to download Google Docs as Plain text on Google Docs App [Mobile]
You can also convert Google Docs as Plain text on Android or iPhone using the below instructions.
- Open the Docs app on your Mobile.
- Tap the Google Docs document that you want to convert to Plain text,
- Tap on the Context menu from the top right corner of your mobile screen –> Tap on the Share & export option.
4. Tap on the Save As link.
5. Choose Plain Text (.txt) –> Tap on the Ok button.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to convert Google Docs to rich text (.rtf) format
- How to convert Google Docs to EPUB
- How to add tab stops in Google Docs (Easy Way)
- How to change the page orientation in Google Docs
- How to add table of contents in Google docs
- How to change ownership of a Google Doc
Voila! how easy to download Google Docs as Plain text (.txt). You can convert your Google Docs into a plain text (.txt) file easily by following the above instructions. Thanks for reading this article.