If you have been looking for tools to create brochures on the web, well Google Docs is the free tool that you need. In this guide, we will learn about how to make a Brochure on Google Docs for your organization or personal use. You can either choose to go for the already provided template or simply create Tri-fold and two-page brochures from scratch.
- To make a Brochure in Google docs using Google Docs templates, Click the “File” menu –> select “New” –> Choose “From Template” –> Choose “Brochure template” –> Modify based on your need –> Click on the “Save” button.
- To Create a Brochure in Google docs manually from scratch, Create an empty Doc –> Modify the option for Page setup –> insert a table –> Add the content and the pictures, icons, etc–> Remove table borders or outlines –> Click on the “Save” button.
These brochures are very helpful for businesses in order to promote their product or services. It might sound a little difficult for any beginner to create a brochure from scratch, but not impossible.
You can choose to follow the instructions as provided where you can use tables, images, different fonts, and other creatives to make it easy for you.
Table Of Contents
How to Make a Brochure on Google Docs- Step-by-Step Guide
Here are some of the ways you can look to make brochures for personal use or simply business purposes. Let us look at some that you can easily work on and create your own.
Using Google Docs Templates
You can directly use the templates provided on the Google Docs site and edit them accordingly. Here are the steps to create a Brochure on Google Docs using the templates.
- Open Google Docs and expand to the list of templates.
- Select the Brochure template from the two given options that are Geometric and Modern Writer.
- You can start editing the template now to suit your purpose.
Here are certain aspects you can make changes to on the templates to create a personalized one.
- Change the content, add images, and change the formatting to make the texts look smaller or bigger.
- Choose Landscape or Portrait Mode based on the type of brochure you have in your mind.
- Make changes to Margin, Page Color, Page Size, etc. Click on File > Page Setup.
Once you have made the changes to your brochure, you can now either download the file or simply choose to print it directly. Click on File > Print. Or tap Ctrl + P as a keyboard shortcut that is much easier.
How to Make a Tri-Fold Brochure on Google Docs
You can also make a personalized Tri-Fold brochure from scratch using the tools provided on Google Docs. Here are certain steps you can take to get the best out of this tool.
- Open Google Docs and Tap on Blank Document.
- Click on File > Page Setup.
- Select the Page Orientation between Landscape and Portrait Mode.
- You can also keep the margins as 0.25 to make it a standard Brochure size.
- Now, click on the Insert menu.
- Tap on Table and select the number as 3 x 1 for Tri-Fold Brochure design.
- Stretch the bottom of the table to make it in a standard three-page size.
- Now design the three pages as needed.
You can now look over to design the three pages on the docs you have just created. Here are a few things that you can take into consideration.
- Add image and text on the pages based on your theme.
- If you are creating an ad make sure to add your details on the back page for your customers.
- Right-click on any blank space and edit the table through Table Properties.
- You can change the background color, table-border color & width, and much more.
- Once done editing the brochures, simply print the file through File > Print or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + P.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a brochure be one page?
Yes, Brochures can be on a single page. The templates provided on Google Docs are for similar purposes and you can edit them based on what you need.
You can use these brochures as a flyer or a poster since they are quite handy and easier to be carried around.
If you are looking to send the digital copy of the brochure, having a single page material is the best since they will take up less space and would be on point.
2. How to make a double-sided brochure on google docs?
There is no special technique to make a double-sided brochure on Google Docs. In fact, you can also print such documents but with a little understanding.
Once you are done with a single sheet of brochure whether it be Tri-Fold, Double fold, or just a single one, simply print the front part of the doc.
After this, you can simply turn off the other side of the paper and put it on the printer, and perform the steps likewise.
3. How do I make a custom brochure?
To make a customized Brochure, you can follow the same process as mentioned for the Tri-Fold Brochure.
You can start off with a blank page on Google Docs and then creating a number of boxes or tables based on the number of pages we need for the Brochure.
With the help of Page Setup from the File menu, you can set page orientation, size, color, and a lot of other aspects. Moving on, you can now simply add images and text to each page and edit the Brochure.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to make multiple columns in Google Docs
- How to get deleted Google docs files back
- How to use Google docs Bullet Points
- How to backup Google docs- Using 4 different Methods
- How to translate Google docs
- How to make a timeline on Google docs
Here we are with everything you need to know on how to make a Brochure on Google Docs. If you are a beginner, the best way to go from here is by simply using the Template method and editing it. You can check out how you can make those edits and it will hardly take much time. However, if you are open to put some extra effort and create a custom Brochure from scratch that consists of multiple pages, you can follow other methods.
Before you can follow such methods, make sure you are aware of what you looking for and have an idea of how your Brochure should look like. This will give you an idea to make the edits and add the content part likewise. Once you are done making the Brochure, simply save it to share it digitally. Or else use the Print option from the File Menu for the hard copy.