As we are in a mobile world, we are most likely to encounter situations of managing storage, files in google drive directly from the mobile. The advent of smartphones gave us the utmost flexibility to upload and store files directly to various mediums such as Google Drive easily from your mobile devices. Although, it’s flexible the interface in mobile could be a bit confusing as we are practiced to large screen interfaces at work. Thus let’s figure out various ways by which you can upload multiple files to Google Drive directly from your android devices.
Table Of Contents
Upload multiple files to Google Drive from your android internal storage
It’s super simple to upload multiple files to Google Drive from your android internal storage if you’ve managed to follow the below steps properly.
Step 1: Go to Google Drive
Step 2: Click on the plus icon in the bottom right
Step 3: A menu will pop up which will provide you with options you want to do.
Step 4: Select upload. It will then open your internal file manager. By default, it will show your recent files.
Step 5: Locate your files and once you reach them, long touch on any one of them. It will enter multiple select mode. Select all the files you want to upload and click on the select/done button
Google Drive will now start uploading the files.
- Password protect document in Google drive
- How to upload videos from google drive to youtube 2020
- How to move files from dropbox to google drive?
How to upload multiple photos to Google drive from photo gallery
As said above Google Drive allows you to backup photos, videos, and documents to access them from anywhere on any device. You can upload an individual photo or multiple photos at a time. To bulk upload photos from your Android gallery,
Follow these simple steps to Upload a Photo Album to Google Drive:
- Open “Gallery” on your Android phone.
- Tap the “Menu” button located at the top right corner on your screen.
- Tap the “Select album” button.
- Tap each album that you want to upload to your Google Drive account.
- Tap the “Send” button located at the top on the screen.
- Select the “Google Drive” option.
- Tap the “Ok” button to upload the selected albums to Google Drive.
How to Upload Multiple Photos to Google Drive?
- Open the “Gallery” app on your Android.
- Browse the photos which you want to upload.
- Long press on multiple photos to select.
- Tap the “Send” button located at the top of your screen.
- Select the “Google Drive” option.
- Tap the “Ok” button to upload the selected photos to Google Drive.
How to upload multiple files to Google Drive using FolderSync app
FolderSync is an application that enables simple folder sync on your Android device with multiple cloud storage services. Currently, it supports services such as SkyDrive, Dropbox, Dump Truck, SugarSync, Ubuntu One, Box.net, LiveDrive, HiDrive, Google Drive, NetDocuments, Amazon S3, and more.
Steps to make use of FolderSync to transfer all files in a folder to Google Drive :
- Install FolderSync Lite (or the paid version, FolderSync) from Google Play.
- On Google Drive, create a folder that you would like to sync with your Android device.
Now, let’s start with setting up a Cloud Storage account, which is the Google Drive account in this case. On the Home screen, tap the Accounts option.
- On the Accounts screen, tap the tiny cloud button at the bottom of the screen, and then select Google Drive.
- On the Account details screen, enter a descriptive name for this storage and then tap the Authenticate account.
- Next, sign in your Gmail account. If you’re prompted for permission to let FolderSync manage your files on Google Drive. Tap Allow access.
Finally, tap the save button at the upper right corner of the screen to save it.
It’s time to set up a Folderpair which is specifying the folders on your Android and Google Drive that you would like them to sync. On the Home screen, tap the Folderpairs option.
On the Folderpairs screen, tap the + sign on the lower-left corner.
All the fields here are pretty easy to figure out. As for the one-way file transfer to Google Drive, below are some of the fields you should configure.
- Name – a unique name to identify the Folderpair.
- Account – This space needs to be the Google account which has been added in Step 3.
- Remote folder – Select the folder that you’ve set up in Step 2.
- Local folder – Select the folder on your phone that you want to back up. You can choose a folder from either the internal storage and external memory.
- Sync type – Choose the “to remote folder” option to do the one-way transfer of all files to Google drive.
- Tap the Save button to save it.
- Back to the Folderpairs screen, you can tap the folder pair you’ve just created to initiate the transferring of all files in a folder to Google drive.
Upload multiple files to Google Drive from your iPhone internal storage
Say, if you’re on an iPhone, the following steps are to be followed,
- Click and hold on a file/folder.
- Wait till the icon turns blue with a checkmark inside it.
- Click on all the file/folder icons of the files/folders you want to move.
- A card stack will be at the bottom of the screen of all the files/folders you selected.
- Finally, just drag those files into the folder you wanted to move them into and you are done.
You may like the following Google drive tutorials:
- How to change ownership of a google drive folder
- Google drive unable to process this video
- How to upload iPhone photos to google drive
- How to see folder size in google drive?
- How to Find duplicate files in google drive
- How do I resize an image in Google Drive
- How to delete recent activity on google drive
- Google drive folder: How to Share, unshare and turn off link sharing
Hurray, we have successfully figured out various effective ways to upload multiple files to Google Drive directly from an android device. Go ahead and the next time when you need to quickly upload a file, follow these tricks.