Google Drive has proved to be the one-stop storage solution for our basic needs and business needs as well. Google Drive supports almost any document format available. Due to the increased usage of documents, we tend to store extremely large files such as large video files, pdfs, etc. When there is a need to upload or download such large content from Google Drive, it’s impossible to get the job done at one go. There can be internet connectivity issues, you may want to switch to a different task and resume later. These are all common right? Cool, let’s explore the process of how to pause Google Drive upload in detail in this article.
Table Of Contents
How to pause Google Drive upload on Windows?
It’s super simple to pause Google Drive upload on Windows. Just simply follow the below steps to pause Google Drive upload.
Steps to pause Google Drive upload on windows:
Step 1: Click on the Backup and Sync icon on the status bar. A white cloud with an arrow that is present at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
Note: Click on the upward-pointing arrow to see more icons, if you don’t get the Backup and Sync icon.
Step 2: Click on ⁝ from the top-right.
Step 3: To pause the upload process, you can click on the Pause option.
It’s that simple. This is how to pause google drive upload in chrome.
How to pause Google Drive upload on macOS?
You can also pause Google Drive upload on macOS by following the steps mentioned below.
Steps to pause Google Drive upload on macOS:
Step 1: Click the Backup and Sync icon. It’s the cloud with an arrow near the top-right corner of the home screen. A new menu will be expanded.
Step 2: Click on ⁝ from the top-right corner.
Step 3: To pause the upload process, you just click on the Pause option, and to continue the upload process again, you just need to click on the Resume option.
How to pause Google Drive upload on Android?
Step 1: Open the Drive app on your android phone. You’ll usually find it on the home screen or in the app manager.
Step 2: Select each file you wish to upload. You’ll be noticing a blue and white checkmark at the top-left corner of each selected file.
Step 3: Tap from the top of the screen.
Step 4: Choose Upload.
Step 5: Finally select Save. Now the upload process will start for all the selected items.
Step 6: Now, you can able to see the number of files getting downloaded with the progress bar in the notification area.
Step 7: Tap on the blue circle with a white arrow, that is present after the progress bar.
Step 8: If you want to pause the upload process, you just need to tap on the pause button for the respective files.
- You can tap on the Upload paused option to resume or restart the upload process.
- Tap on the X option for the respective files to stop the upload process completely.
Tricky no pause, but cancel functions the same way in PC/Mac
Many times during the upload process, you would definitely need to pause your upload. The UI would only show you a “Cancel” button. But the tricky note is that this button essentially provides a way to pause an upload on Google Drive. If you hover over the “!” button after you click ‘Cancel’, you’ll be provided with the option to retry the download. This will start where you left off if the download was in process.
Pause Google Drive Upload Android
You can able to pause the Google drive upload easily in your android mobile or tablet using the below steps.
- Open the Drive app on your android mobile or tablet.
- Now as a next step, tap on the Plus (+) button which is present at the bottom right.
- Select each of the files that you wish to upload.
- Now, you can able to see the number of files getting uploaded with the progress bar in the notification area.
- Then, you can find a blue circle with a white arrow icon, tap on that.
- To pause the upload process, tap the pause icon (II) for the respective files.
This is how to Pause Google Drive Upload in Android.
Google Drive Upload Keeps Pausing
While uploading the files in your Google Drive, if you are facing an issue like your Google Drive uploads keep pausing then you need to follow the below information to overcome this situation.
Google Drive Upload Paused Offline
Mostly, to fix this issue, you will have to restart the Google Drive app. The easiest way to restart the Google drive app is to follow the below steps.
Google Drive Stuck Uploading
- Navigate to the Settings option on your android mobile.
- Then, tap on the Apps & notifications option and then tap on See all apps.
- Locate the Drive on the lists of apps.
- Then, tap on the “Force Stop” option.
- Now, try uploading the files again.
This is how, you can fix the Google Drive Upload Keeps Pausing issue.
You may like the following google drive articles:
- How to move files from dropbox to google drive?
- How to change ownership of a google drive folder
- Google drive unable to process this video
- How to upload iPhone photos to google drive
- How to see folder size in google drive?
- Find duplicate files in google drive
- How do I resize an image in Google Drive
Thus, we have successfully discussed some easy tricks you can use to pause upload on Google drive on different devices. What else are you waiting for, just try and get your hands dirty from now on?