Google Drive has proved to be the one-stop storage solution for our basic needs and business needs as well. Google Drive supports almost any document format available. Due to the increased usage of documents, we tend to store extremely large files such as large video files, pdfs, etc. When there is a need to upload or download such large content from Google Drive, it’s impossible to get the job done at one go. There can be internet connectivity issues, you may want to switch to a different task and resume later. These are all common right? Cool, let’s explore the process of how to pause Google Drive upload in detail in this article.
Table Of Contents
How to pause Google Drive upload on Windows?
It’s super simple to pause Google Drive upload on Windows. Just simply follow the below steps to pause Google Drive upload.
Steps to pause Google Drive upload on windows:
Step 1: Click on the Backup and Sync icon on the status bar. It’s the white cloud with an arrow at the bottom-right corner of the screen (probably near the clock icon). This would expand a menu.
Note: If you don’t see the icon, click the upward-pointing arrow in that same area to expand more icons.
Step 2: Click ⁝. It would be at the top-right corner of the Backup and Sync menu.
Step 3: Click Pause. All active uploads to your Google Drive will be paused now.
It’s that simple. This is how to pause google drive upload in chrome.
How to pause Google Drive upload on macOS?
You can also pause Google Drive upload on macOS by following the steps mentioned below.
Steps to pause Google Drive upload on macOS:
Step 1: Click the Backup and Sync icon. It’s the cloud with an arrow near the top-right corner of the home screen. A new menu will be expanded.
Step 2: Click ⁝. It’s at the top-right corner of the Backup and Sync menu.
Step 3: Click Pause. All active uploads to your Google Drive will be paused.
To continue uploading files, repeat this method, but this time select Resume instead of Pause.
How to pause Google Drive upload on Android?
Step 1: Open the Google Drive app on your android phone. You’ll usually find it on the home screen or in the app manager.
Step 2: Select each file you want to upload. You’ll be noticing a blue and white checkmark at the top-left corner of each selected file.
Step 3: Tap . It’s at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Choose Upload.
Step 5: Finally select Save. The selected item(s) will begin to upload.
Step 6: Now, pull down your Android’s notification bar. To do this, swipe down from the top of the home screen. You will notice an entry for the Drive upload process that displays some information about the upload, including a progress bar and the number of files.
Step 7: Tap the blue circle with a white arrow, next to the progress bar.
Step 8: Tap the pause icon on any file you want to pause. You can find it at the bottom-right corner of each file.
- To unpause/restart the upload, tap Upload paused at the bottom of each file.
- To stop the file from uploading at all, tap the X at the bottom-right corner of its filename.
Tricky no pause, but cancel functions the same way in PC/Mac
Many times during the upload process, you would definitely need to pause your upload. The UI would only show you a “Cancel” button. But the tricky note is that this button essentially provides a way to pause an upload on Google Drive. If you hover over the “!” button after you click ‘Cancel’, you’ll be provided with the option to retry the download. This will start where you left off if the download was in process.
Pause Google Drive Upload Android
You can able to pause the Google drive upload easily in your android mobile or tablet using the below steps.
- Open the Google Drive app on your android mobile or tablet. The name of the app is Drive.
- Now as a next step, tap on the Plus (+) button which is present at the bottom right.
- Select each of the files that you want to upload.
- Now, you will have to pull down your Android’s notification bar. For that just swipe down from the top of the home screen on your mobile where you can able to see the information about the upload with the number of files you are trying to upload and the progress bar.
- Then, you can find a blue circle with a white arrow icon, tap on that.
- Now, tap on the pause icon on each of the files that you want to pause which is present at the bottom right of each of the files that you are trying to upload. The pause icon will be like two white vertical lines.
This is how to Pause Google Drive Upload in Android.
Google Drive Upload Keeps Pausing
While uploading the files in your Google Drive, if you are facing an issue like your Google Drive uploads keep pausing then you need to follow the below information to overcome this situation.
Google Drive Upload Paused Offline
Mostly, to fix this issue, you will have to restart the Google Drive app. The easiest way to restart the Google drive app is to follow the below steps.
Google Drive Stuck Uploading
- Navigate to the Settings option on your android mobile.
- Then, tap on the Apps & notifications option and then tap on See all apps.
- Locate the Drive on the lists of apps.
- Then, tap on the “Force Stop” option.
- Now, try uploading the files again.
This is how, you can fix the Google Drive Upload Keeps Pausing issue.
You may like the following google drive articles:
- How to move files from dropbox to google drive?
- How to change ownership of a google drive folder
- Google drive unable to process this video
- How to upload iPhone photos to google drive
- How to see folder size in google drive?
- Find duplicate files in google drive
- How do I resize an image in Google Drive
Thus, we have successfully discussed some easy tricks you can use to pause upload on Google drive on different devices. What else are you waiting for, just try and get your hands dirty from now on?