Google Docs drop-down is a great and handy way to enter your data in Google Docs. In fact, it is quite easy to insert a drop-down in Google Docs. Without delay let’s create a dropdown list in Google Docs quickly.
Table Of Contents
How to create a drop-down list in Google Docs
Follow the below steps
- Open your Google Docs document where you wish to add a drop-down list.
- Then, click on the Insert menu –> select the Dropdown option.
3. Click on the + New dropdown option to create a new dropdown list. You can also use the preset dropdowns by clicking on the respective options i.e Project status or Review status based on your need.
4. Provide a name for the Template. Enter the options for option 1, option 2, option 3, etc. Click on the + New option to add the extra options if needed.
To delete any extra options, click on the delete button next to the respective options.
Finally, click on the Save button to save the changes.
5. You can use the drag button from the left side of each option to change the option order and once you are done with all the modifications, you can click on the Save button to save the changes.
How to create a customized drop-down list in Google Docs
You might have the requirement to customize your drop-down list in Google Docs. For an instance, you can add a different color to each item in the list. Follow the below instructions.
- Follow step-1 to Step-3 from the above section.
- Provide a name for the template.
- Click on the color dropdown for individual options and select the color based on your choice.
4. Once you have selected the colors for each option, you can click on the Save button to save the changes.
Now, the colorful dropdown list will look like below.
How to edit a drop-down list in Google Docs
When you wish to edit an existing drop-down list in Google Docs you can simply follow the below quick instruction.
- Click on any existing dropdown menu.
- Click on the + Add/Edit Options as shown below.
3. Now Edit the options, change the color, change the order of the options, add a new option, etc based on your need and once you are done with the changes, click on the Save button to save the changes.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to insert date in Google Docs
- How To Add Checkbox In Google docs
- How to create a Google Docs questionnaire- Step-by-Step
- How To Insert A Text Box In Google Docs
- How To Make A Graph On Google Docs
- How to make a degree symbol in Google Docs
Voila! we saw, how easy to use Google Docs Drop down List. Now, it’s your turn to create a dropdown list in your Google Docs document.