Typing documents and sharing them on docs is convenient. But tables are the option when it comes to more organized and meticulous text sharing. Inserting and using tables in Google Docs is very convenient.
Table Of Contents
Google Docs vertical alignment
Once you insert a table in your Google Docs, you can easily format the contents, and Vertical alignment of the text in Google Docs will be possible.
Firstly, we need to insert a table, and Inserting a table in Google Docs is pretty simple. Insert > Table
You will then get an option with the number of Rows and Columns you want to add. Drag the mouse pointer around, and you can select the desired number.
Once the number of rows and columns is selected, the table will appear on your Google Docs.
The data can then be filled in as required. After the table is complete, the data can be formatted using various available options. This includes changing the color of the cells. Individual cells can have different colors as well.
Changing the font and the style in which the text is written is an option you can explore—especially having a different Font style for headings or essential topics. You could also color-coordinate the table along with the font to match different events or activities mentioned in the table.
In most cases, the headers of tables are broader than the other cells. To increase the row or column size, move the cursor to the border that needs to be extended. Doing so will change the look of the cursor to a double line.
You can then left-click and drag without releasing the button. When the dimensions of cells change, the text within the box looks off.
- Well, To add row, Right-click on the row where you want to add the new row and then click on the Insert row above option as highlighted below.
- If you want to add a column, You need to right-click on the column where you want to add the new column, either left or right, and then click on the Insert column left or Insert Column right based on your requirement.
Let’s edit different table properties and see how it can help us to achieve so many requirements.
Changing the Alignment of a table in Google Docs (vertical alignment)
Along with other alterations that can be made to a table in Google Docs, it also allows changing text alignment in different cells. The following process can be used.
Highlight the cells whose data needs to be vertically aligned
This can be done by left-clicking the first cell and then bragging the pointer across the table without lifting the button. Cells will have a blue tint to them once selected.
After highlighting the cells, right-click on the table. A dropdown menu with table editing details will appear. Select Table properties.
Once selected, a popup with details about the table border, dimensions, etc, will open. On the left corner, you have cell vertical alignment here. You can change the text alignment to Middle. This will align the text in the center. Depending on your preferences, you could also choose to align it to the top and bottom of the cell.
After choosing the option of your choice, click OK.
Following these steps will aid in the Vertical alignment of text in Google Docs.
Modify cell dimensions
You can modify the cell dimensions of a Google Docs table using the below instructions
The first step is to mouse over the table borderline you want to modify. You can see the mouse cursor as a double arrow.
Then, you can see a thin blue line. Click on that, and then release the mouse click, as shown in the screenshot below.
Hover over the borderline you want to modify. The cursor will change into a double arrow.
We can also modify the border size of the table in Google Docs using the below instructions.
- Right-click on the table and then click on the “Table properties” option.
- On the Table Properties window, click the Table border dropdown, select the required size based on your requirement, and then click on the OK button to save the changes.
You can see the border width has been changed successfully, as below
You can also change the background color of the Google Docs table cell using the below steps
- The first step is to select the cell that you want to change the background color, right-click on the cell, and click on the Table Properties.
- On the Table Properties window, you can select a color based on your requirement from the Cell background color dropdown and then click on the Ok button as shown below.
Now you can able to see the Background color of the table cell has been changed successfully.
Alignment: How do I align the text into the middle of the page?
Follow the below instructions to align the text to the middle of the page.
- The first step is to select the complete text that you desire to center.
- Then, you can click on the “center align” button to align the text into the middle of the page.
Or, you can also follow the below steps to align the text into the middle of the page.
- Select the complete text that you desire to center.
- Click on the Format menu -> select Align & Indent -> click on Center.
Related article, Google Docs vertical text
In this article, we have discussed Google Docs vertical alignment options. I hope you have enjoyed this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.