Adding your signature to a document adds a different flair to it. There are various reasons why you would want to add a signature to your google docs. It could include professionalism, this can be for business communication; legality or just to add a hint of YOU to what you’ve written. So how to insert a signature (E sign) in google docs?
How to insert signature (E sign) in Google docs? you can insert E-signature using Drawing Tool, Insert an image, and by installing an Add-on.
Read on to find out…
A personal touch to your document could come in by simply adding your name at the bottom. You can do this by choosing different font options available. You can add a little style and pomp by using a font like Pacifico which is a nice cursive font.
Table Of Contents
Insert signature (E sign) in Google docs
By adding a Signature to the document, on the other hand, would mean taking personalization to the next level. And what better than a handwritten signature.
How To Create An E-signature In Google Docs
There are a few ways in which you can add a signature to your google doc.
The Built-in Drawing Tool
There is an option available in Google Docs where you can simply use the drawing tool and add your signature to the document.
For this you need to first click on the place you want your signature to appear and then click Insert > Drawing > New
Once you click on New you will have a popup screen that should look like this
Once you have the editing screen open you have two options
either you type in your name by using the Text box option
or you manually draw the signature using the following steps.
Click on line and you will get a drop-down menu to choose scribble Line > Scribble
Once you click on Scribble you will be able to draw on the canvas.
Note: Getting your signature to look perfect will take a few attempts. It will be easier with a touch screen device as you can draw directly on the screen using a stylus. You could also use a mouse or the touchpad of your laptop. But it may not look perfect.
The signature can be drawn in parts. You will know the latest ones as they will have a blue tint to them. You could use the undo and redo options to perfect the signature. There are also editing options available where you can change the weight and color of the signature.
Once you are satisfied with how the signature looks, save and close the editor.
Save and Close – the blue button on the top right corner of the screen.
After the signature is ready its time to insert it into the document
The signature is saved on the cloud when the editing canvas is shut. It appears on the document right where the cursor is.
Note that the E Sign will be rather big as compared to the rest of the text. To fix this u will need to resize the image.
Resizing an image in google docs is simple. Simply hover the cursor over the edges of the image and click. You will see that the border of the image changes to a blue border with squares on the corners and the middle. You can resize the image using these squares.
Left Click the square > move the square inwards while keeping the mouse pressed this will reduce the size.
Google will save your signature with these simple steps. You can then insert it in google docs whenever required.
Installing an Add on
Add-ons make it easier to add e signs as compared to other methods. Simply install the add-on and create a signature.
There are quite a few add-ons available. You will have to try a few and decide which one is the best suited for your needs.
DocuSign, ScripTouch, Dotted: Signature Creator, BitSign, PDFfiller, PandaDoc, Signature, SignRequest for Google Docs, and HelloSign are some of the add ons available.
To install an add on click
Click on the Add-ons menu —> select Get add-ons.
Simply type in Signature in the search bar and you will find all the add-ons to choose from.
To install an add on
Click on the add on you would like to install and choose the install option
Most add-ons are free. But you have only a limited number of signatures you can add as part of the free version. After which you will need to buy it. The limit is generally 3 signatures which is more than enough. But if you require more you could easily purchase the add-on.
Inserting an image
Another option is to manually draw the signature and upload it. This can be done easily by scanning signatures drawn on a blank sheet of paper.
Tip: Use different pens, and experiment with colors and nib thickness on the same sheet before scanning. This way you can choose which one looks the best after scanning as the quality will drop.
Once the image is scanned it can either be uploaded on the drive or used directly from the computer.
You can use the option that suits your needs best in order to insert a signature (E sign) in Google Docs.
How To Add Signature In Google Docs App
You can easily install the DocuSign add-on on your android mobile or device and add a signature to your Google Docs document using Google Docs App.
How To Add Signature In Google Docs Mobile
Follow the below steps to add signature in Google Docs App.
- Open the Docs app on your mobile.
- Tap on the + icon to create a new document.
- Tap on the three-dot (…) menu from the top right corner.
- Select the Add-ons option.
5. Tap on the Get add-ons button.
6. Search for DocuSign and tap on the Install button.
7. Tap on the Open button to open the DocuSign app.
8. Tap on the Create Free Account button if you don’t have an account or tap on the login button and provide your email id and password for login.
9. Tap on + Create/Edit Your Signature.
10. Tap on Draw your signature option.
10. Draw your signature and tap on the tick mark to save.
11. Now, tap on the + icon and select the Drive option or where your document is stored. Better You should save your Google Docs document on your Google Drive.
12. Tap on the document where you want to add the signature and then tap on the Select button.
13. Tap on the Next button on the Add documents screen.
14. Choose the Select Signers option as Me.
15. Tap on the Allow only while using the App option to access the device location. You can also tap deny button
16. Tap on the Document and select the Signature option.
17. Now the signature will get added to the document. You can drag the signature anywhere on the document and then tap on the Finish button.
18. Tap on the Share button to share the document with anyone via WhatsApp, Email, Teams, Skype, etc.
DocuSign Google Docs
DocuSign is an excellent app that can help you to create the E sign or E-signature easily with a few steps.
You can easily connect DocuSign with your Google Workspace.
DocuSign can be easily integrated with Google Drive and Google Docs.
You can check out How to Use Docusign In Google Docs now.
Have a look at our Google docs tutorials:
In this article, we have discussed How to insert a signature (E sign) in Google docs and along with this, we have also discussed
- Insert signature (E sign) in Google docs
- How To Create An E-signature In Google Docs
- How To Add Signature In Google Docs App
- How to add signature in google docs mobile
- DocuSign Google Docs