Do you want to protect your Google Drive?. In this article, we will discuss a few suggestions and approaches you need to follow for protecting your Google Drive.
How to password protect Google Drive
Below are some of the key suggestions that you need to take care of in order to password-protect Google Drive folder.
- We use to log in to Google Drive from our phones as well as from our computers. It is really quick for an unknown person to access Google Drive if you lost any of the devices.
- Another important point to remember here is, to add a strong and unique passcode to your Mobile and computer, if you have not done already.
- If you are using iPhone or Ipad, you can use the “passcode lock” settings to lock your Google Drive.
- In case you wish to password-protect individual folders in Google Drive, Sorry to say that Google drive is not providing any option as of now, rather what you can do is, you can limit the permission so that no one can update or delete your document.
- You can also use some third-party applications to protect your data in Google Drive. Sookasa can be used for this purpose.
- You can also use PDF encryption here.
- Another suggestion is to use a ZIP file and then password-protect it.
- You can also set up the two-step verification. Once you will enable the two-step verification, Google will send you a code as a second step to your mobile. So anyone who wants to access your Google Drive app needs both the password of your mobile as well as the code that has been sent to your mobile. In this case, it is difficult for the hackers to get both the password and verification code.
- If you want to password-protect Google Drive folder or individual folders inside your Google Drive, there is no scope, You just need to handle the security part at the account level and device level. So use a strong password for your Google account, set up the two-step verification service, and make sure to use a strong password or pattern to save your mobile or computer, etc.
You may also like following the below articles
- Google Drive Files Missing
- How to Find duplicate files in google drive
- How to upload photos from google drive to Facebook?
- How to upload multiple files to Google Drive from Android and iPhone
- How to delete everything in google drive
- How to add google drive to file explorer
As discussed, you can password-protect Google Drive by setting a strong password on your mobile/computer, using a third-party application like Sookasa, using PDF encryption, and most importantly, trying to set up the two-step verification technique on your device. Thanks for reading this article, Hope this information will help you to secure your Google Drive.