Google Drive is a cloud-based data storage service that helps to edit documents online, backup, syncs your files and folders, store data on the cloud for easy and anywhere access. To access all these services of Google Drive, you need to open it on your web browser which requires internet connection. It is difficult to have stable internet always. So adding Google Drive to File Explorer brings ease to handling your drive data. You can sync all your data, including your photos and videos in windows file explorer. You can have your documents from Google Drive in your File Explorer for offline access. Let’s dive deep to know how to add Google Drive to File Explorer (Windows Explorer).
Table Of Contents
- 1 Can you add google drive to file explorer?
- 2 How to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
- 3 Download Google Drive Backup And Sync App
- 4 Where to add Google Drive files in your PC?
- 5 How to add recently shared Google Drive files to file explorer?
- 6 How to add Google Drive to File explorer for Gsuite users?
Can you add google drive to file explorer?
When you download Google Drive Windows 10 app to your PC, it automatically creates a folder under the Quick access section in the left sidebar of File Explorer. This folder can be removed from the Quick access area by anyone with just a click. If you want to permanently add Google Drive to the File Explorer Navigation Pane, you can do it with some simple steps.
Why you have to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
As Google Drive is a cloud storage system, you can’t be able to access it offline. However, adding Google Drive to file explorer can make offline access possible as well. It will let you access your Google Drive files through an offline folder whenever you require it. You can even delete unnecessary files from the file explorer on Google Drive.
How to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
To add Google Drive to File explorer, you have to follow a couple of steps mentioned below.
Download Google Drive Backup And Sync App
To add Google Drive to file explorer,
- If you have already installed Google Drive on your desktop, then you can skip this step.
- Else, you have to download Google Drive for Windows 10 or any previous version of Windows from its official website.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Download’ button under ‘Backup and Sync’.
- Click on ‘Agree and download’.This will download a file named ‘installbackupandsync.exe’.
- Run that executable file to install Google Drive for Windows 10 or any other version of the Windows system.
Sign In To Your Google Account
- To add Google Drive to file explorer on the desktop, you need to sign in to Google Drive using your login credentials.
- You can make the required changes for backup and sync to sync only the important data that you actually want on your PC.
- Choosing the necessary options can save your Google Drive space as well as get the important data for offline.
- You can select a specific folder for which you want to keep a backup by clicking on ‘Choose Folder’. After making the required changes, click on “Next”.
Select The Data You Want To Sync
After installing Google Drive, you have to sync it to your computer. Only if you sync the data, you can access Google Drive’s data offline. So don’t forget to add your computer’s data to the Google Drive folder.
You can see three options in this window.
- Sync My Drive to this computer —If you want to access the data in your Google Drive from your system, check this option.
- Sync everything in My Drive — If you want to sync your every file and folder present in Google Drive with your computer, check this option.
- Sync only these folders — To sync particular folders, you can use this option.
Adding Google Drives files to File explorer
Once you select the appropriate option, click ‘OK’.You can now see the ‘Google Drive Folder’ in the Quick access of your ‘File Explorer’.Sometimes, it may take time to add all your drive files to file explorer depending on the size of the data and the internet connection.
The folders and files that you chose to back up to Drive will give you the visual representation with a green tick mark. You can find shortcuts created on the desktop for Google Apps such as Google Docs, Slide, and Spreadsheet. You can also add the files and folders you want to upload to your Google Drive in this folder.
Where to add Google Drive files in your PC?
You can add Google Drive files to five different places
- Show it in Libraries in the navigation pane.
- Pin Google Drive to Quick Access.
- Pin Google Drive to taskbar Jump List.
- Bookmark it as a favorite in the third-party file managers.
- Show it independently in the navigation pane.
Deleting a file from the Google Drive folder in the File Explorer
If you delete a file from the Google Drive folder in the File Explorer, it won’t be deleted from the Google Drive. This feature is disabled by default. This feature is disabled to prevent the deletion of all the files accidentally from your Drive.
However, if you want to enable this feature,
- Click the Backup and Sync icon from the System Tray of your PC.
- Now Click on the three-dot menu > Preferences> My Laptop> Always remove both copies.
If you want to back up or add Google Drive files to file explorer that is just shared with you and not actually on your Google Drive,
- Open Google Drive in a web browser and click on “Shared with me” on the left side of the window.
- Right-click on the Shared file or folder and click on Add to My Drive.
This will sync Google Drive files to file explorer and you can access that file from the File Explorer.
How to add Google Drive to File explorer for Gsuite users?
To add Google Drive to File explorer for Gsuite users,
- First, the Drive file stream app on your device.
- Tick the checkbox before “Add desktop shortcuts to Google Docs, Sheets, and slides” option and click ‘Install’.
- Now login to your Google account and proceed by clicking on Next.
Without making any additional settings, Google Drive will be added to your PC. , you can’t access the saved files and folders offline. make it accessible, have to add Google Drive to File Explorer.
To add Google Drive to File Explorer for G-suite users,
- Right-click on Google Drive icon in the PC and select “Pin to Quick Access”.
You may like following Google Drive tutorials:
- How to remove quick access from google drive
- How to access WhatsApp on Google Drive
- How to find movies on google drive
- How to empty trash in Google Drive
- How to password protect google drive
- How to turn off quick access in google drive
- Google drive unable to process this video
Here, we learned:
- How to add Google drive to file explorer
- Can you add google drive to file explorer?
- Why you have to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
- How to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
- Download Google Drive Backup And Sync App
- Sign In To Your Google Account
- Select The Data You Want To Sync
- Adding Google Drives files to File explorer
- Where to add Google Drive files in your PC?
- Deleting a file from the Google Drive folder in the File Explorer
- How to add recently shared Google Drive files to file explorer?
- How to add Google Drive to File explorer for Gsuite users?
And voila! You can now add Google Drive to file explorer in no time.
The above steps will also help you to solve the below queries.
- google drive in file explorer
- how to add google drive to file explorer
- google drive windows explorer
- add google drive to windows file explorer
- access google drive from file explorer
- add google drive to windows explorer
- add google drive folder to file explorer, etc