If you want to handle your Google Drive data easily, then it’s better to add your Google Drive to the File Explorer and you can easily access your documents from File Explorer while you are offline. You can sync all your data, including your photos and videos in windows file explorer. Let’s dive deep to know how to add Google Drive to File Explorer (Windows Explorer).
Table Of Contents
- Can you add google drive to file explorer?
- Why do you have to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
- How to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
- Download Google Drive Backup And Sync App (Currently known as Download Drive for desktop)
- Where to add Google Drive files to your PC?
- How to add recently shared Google Drive files to file explorer?
- How to add Google Drive to File Explorer for Gsuite users?
- Add Google Drive to Windows Explorer or File Explorer’s sidebar
Can you add google drive to file explorer?
At the moment, you will download the Google Drive app for Windows 10 on your computer or PC, A folder gets created automatically on the left side of File Explorer i.e. under the Quick Access section.
If you wish, you can easily delete or remove this particular folder with a single click. If you want to add Google Drive to File Explorer permanently, you can easily do it with some simple steps.
Why do you have to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
As Google Drive is a cloud storage system, you can’t be able to access it offline. However, adding Google Drive to file explorer can make offline access possible as well.
It will let you access your Google Drive files through an offline folder whenever you require it. You can even delete unnecessary files from your file explorer on Google Drive.
How to add Google Drive to File Explorer?
To add Google Drive to File Explorer, you have to follow a couple of steps mentioned below.
Download Google Drive Backup And Sync App (Currently known as Download Drive for desktop)
For adding Google Drive to your file explorer,
- If you have completed the installation of Google Drive on your PC or desktop already, then just skip this step.
- Else, you have to download Google Drive for Windows 10 or earlier versions of Windows. So Download Drive for your desktop now.
- Click on the Download Drive for Desktop button to download & install Google Drive for desktop.
You can also click here to download Google Drive for Windows and Google Drive for MAC.
Click on the Download For Windows, if you want to download the Drive app for Windows or, click on the Download for Mac button to download the Drive app for MAC.
- This will download the file with the name ‘GoogleDriveSetup.exe’.
- Double-click to run that .exe file to install Google Drive for Windows 10 or any version of the Windows system.
- Click on the Yes button to allow the Google Drive app to install on your PC on the next window.
- Select both the check boxes and Click on the Install button.
- It will just take a few seconds to install the Google Drive App.
- Click on the Sign in with Browser button to sign in to your Google Drive with your Google account.
- To add Google Drive to file explorer on your desktop, you will have to sign in to Google Drive using your correct credentials. Enter your Google account credentials and click on the Sign in button. On successful sign-in, you will see a successful message. After the successful login, Google Drive will add to the file explorer automatically.
- Now, you have added Google Drive to your File Explorer successfully. You can see it below.
Where to add Google Drive files to your PC?
You can add Google Drive files to five different places
- Show it in Libraries in the navigation pane.
- Pin Google Drive to Quick Access.
- Pin Google Drive to the taskbar Jump List.
- Bookmark it as a favorite in the third-party file managers.
- Show it independently in the navigation pane.
If you wish to back up or add Google Drive files to file explorer that is shared with you and actually not present on Google Drive,
- Open Google Drive –> click on “Shared with me” on the left side of the window.
- Right-click on Shared file or folder then click on the Add to My Drive option.
This will sync Google Drive files to file explorer and you can access the file from your File Explorer.
How to add Google Drive to File Explorer for Gsuite users?
To add Google Drive to File Explorer for Gsuite users,
- First, the Drive file stream application on your device.
- Tick the checkbox before the “Add desktop shortcuts to Google Docs, Sheets, and slides” option and click ‘Install’.
- Now login to your Google account and then proceed by clicking on Next.
Without making any additional settings, Google Drive will be added to your PC., you can’t access the saved files and folders offline. To make it accessible, have to add Google Drive to File Explorer.
To add Google Drive to File Explorer for G-suite users,
- Right-click on the Google Drive icon on the PC and select “Pin to Quick Access”.
Well, let’s discuss here, How to Add Google Drive to Windows Explorer Sidebar?. Below are a few quick methods that can be used to add Google Drive to the Windows Explorer sidebar.
Follow the below steps for adding the file to the windows explorer sidebar using the registry file.
- Download and install Google Drive Backup And Sync App.
- Sign into your Google account.
- Now, download the registry file. Click on the Code dropdown and then select Download ZIP.
5. Extract the folder and double-click on the below-highlighted file named Google Drive to install.
6. Click Yes to allow and then again click on the Yes button to confirm the installation.
7. Now, you should be able to see Google Drive on the sidebar.
Once you have installed Google Drive, You can follow the below instruction.
- Right-click on the Google Drive shortcut –> Select Include in Library –> Select Create new library option.
Now you will find the Google Drive library has been added in the Windows File Explorer.
If you want to Remove then
- Right-click on the Google Drive shortcut that has been added to the Windows File Explorer –> Select the Delete option.
Approach-3: Add Google Drive to Quick access
Follow the below steps to add Google Drive to Quick Access.
- Right-click on the Google Drive setup –> Choose Pin to quick access.
- Now, if you want to remove it from quick access. Right-click on the Google Drive Folder present on the Quick Access –> Select Unpin from Quick Access option.
You may like the following Google Drive tutorials:
- How to remove quick access from google drive
- How to access WhatsApp on Google Drive
- How to find movies on google drive
- How to empty trash in Google Drive
- How to password protect google drive
- How to turn off quick access in google drive
- Google drive unable to process this video
And voila! now it’s your turn to download & install Google Drive for desktop and then add Google Drive to file explorer in no time.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.