Google Drive surrounds Google Docs, Google Slides, Google photos, and Google Sheets those are the part of office suite that helps collaborative usage and editing of documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and many more. Let us check it out resize an image in Google Drive.
Among the various tools, Google Photos is one of the best ways to store all of your images online.
There is no official approach to resize your images in Google photos or on Google Drive. You would need to download the photograph and resize the image using any other tools. There are many workarounds you can use to resize an image in Google Drive. Let’s dive deep to know how to resize an image in Google Drive.
Table Of Contents
- Resize an image in Google Drive
- Resize an image in Google Drive using Photo Editor With Drive Add-on
- How to use “photo editor with drive” to resize an image?
- Resize an image in Google Drive using Google Docs
- Google Photos Resize image
- Change upload size of an image in Google Photos
- Resize images in Google Web Designer
Resize an image in Google Drive
Even though you can’t resize an image in Google Drive, you can use some add-ons and Google Docs to resize an image.
Resize an image in Google Drive using Photo Editor With Drive Add-on
Photo Editor is a chrome add-on that provides you with many effects for different images including rotate, open & save to Drive, Flip vertical and horizontal, crop image, sepia, brightness, pink, brown, blur, negative, and many more.
How to use “photo editor with drive” to resize an image?
- Go to the chrome web store and search for “Photo editor with Drive”.
- Click on “Add to Chrome” and then click “Add app”.
- From your Google Drive screen itself, click on the “Photo editor with Drive” icon at the top right of the screen.
- You can select an image file (supports multiple files to open) or a photo for editing from your Google Drive or even from your PC.
- You can then start resizing your images.
- Once done, click “Save to Drive” to save the resized image.
Resize an image in Google Drive using Google Docs
Google Docs is a powerful online collaborator that allows you to resize your images in Google Drive. Whatever images you are having in your Google Drive, just paste or insert them in any Google Docs file available in your Google Drive.
To resize an image in Google Docs. Open your Google Docs document. Click Insert > Image > Drive
Once your image is inserted, you can see “Image Options” in the top toolbar.
Click on the “Image Options”
- A new pop-up screen will be opened on the right side of the Google Docs screen.
- Click on the dropdown icon before “Size and rotation”.
- You can see four options under the “Size and rotation” menu — Width, Height, Width scale, and Height Scale.
- You can change the size of the image by customizing the size options.
- Once done, you can see the size has changed in your Google Drive.
Google Photos Resize image
Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share with others. But the drawback with Google photos is you can’t resize an uploaded image in it.
Change upload size of an image in Google Photos
Even though you are not allowed to change the size of the image in Google Drive, you can change the upload size of the image in Google photos. To change the upload size of an image in Google photos,
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Tap your Google account profile photo at the top right of the mobile screen.
- Tap on the Photos ‘settings’ icon and then select “Back up & sync”.
- Select “High quality” or “Original quality”.
- If you can’t able to change your upload size, then you might be out of storage.
- Under Back up at lower resolution, tap “Resume Backup”.
- If you are using Google Photos account on multiple devices, and you change your upload size for one device, it will not affect the “backup settings” on any other device.
- You can also change your upload size to Express backup.
- If you change your upload size from “Express backup” to a higher quality option, Google Photos will re-upload any existing photos on your device.
- You can limit backup data usage.
Resize images in Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer gives you the power to create beautiful, engaging designs and allows you to use animation and interactive elements to bring your creative vision to life.
Basically, with the help of Google Web Designer, you have two approaches for resizing your images.
- From the property panel, you can change the dimensions based on the requirement.
- By using the Selection tool, you can stretch your image.
To resize an image or video using the Selection tool:
- Open the Google Web designer tool on your PC. Click on the Selection tool (Which will be like an arrow) that is present on your toolbar.
- You must check the “Transform control” option checkbox.
- Select the image that you wish to resize.
- You can now drag any of the control points as highlighted below. While dragging the control point, you can able to see the width and height, etc.
- If you can press and hold Shift key during the dragging process, it will help you to retain the aspect ratio.
Resize an image using the Properties panel in Google web designer
To resize an image using the properties panel in Google web designer,
- Click the “Selection Tool” in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Select the image you want to resize.
- In the “Properties panel”, change the width and height values.
- To maintain the original aspect ratio, make sure the Constrain aspect ratio button is selected.
You may like to following Google drive tutorials:
- How to delete recent activity on google drive
- How to turn off quick access in google drive
- How to password protect google drive
- Google drive folder: How to Share, unshare and turn off link sharing
- How to organize google drive shared with me?
- How to pin Google Drive to Taskbar
- How to recover permanently deleted files from Google Drive
- How to delete everything in google drive
And voila! You can now resize an image in Google Drive easily by simply following the above instructions.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.