Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google photos which are a part of an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more. Let us check it out resize an image in Google Drive.
Among the various tools, Google Photos is one of the best ways to store all of your images online.
There is no official approach to resize your images in Google photos or on Google Drive. You would need to download the photograph and resize the image using any other tools. There are many workarounds you can use to resize an image in Google Drive. Let’s dive deep to know how to resize an image in Google Drive.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Resize an image in Google Drive
- 2 Resize an image in Google Drive using Photo Editor With Drive Add-on
- 3 Resize an image in Google Drive using Google Docs
- 4 Change upload size of an image in Google Photos
- 5 Resize images in Google Web Designer
Resize an image in Google Drive
Even though you can’t resize an image in Google Drive, you can use some add-ons and Google Docs to resize an image.
Resize an image in Google Drive using Photo Editor With Drive Add-on
Photo Editor is a chrome add-on that offers a variety of effects for your images including webcam capture, open & save to Drive, rotate, crop image, flip vertical, flip horizontal, grayscale, brightness, brown, sepia, dawn, pink, negative, blur, emboss, sharpen, Laplacian.
How to use “photo editor with drive” to resize an image?
- Go to the chrome web store and search for “Photo editor with Drive”.
- Click on “Add to Chrome” and then click “Add app”.
- From your Google Drive screen itself, click on the “Photo editor with Drive” icon at the top right of the screen.
- You can select a photo, image file (supports multiple files to open) to edit from your computer or from Google Drive.
- You can then start resizing your images.
- Once done, click “Save to Drive” to save the resized image.
Resize an image in Google Drive using Google Docs
Google Docs is a powerful online collaborator that allows you to resize your images in Google Drive. Whatever images you are having in your Google Drive, just paste or insert them in any Google Docs file available in your Google Drive.
To resize an image in Google Docs. Open your Google Docs document. Click Insert > Image > Drive
Once your image is inserted, you can see “Image Options” in the top toolbar.
Click on the “Image Options”
- A new pop-up screen will be opened on the right side of the Google Docs screen.
- Click on the dropdown icon before “Size and rotation”.
- You can see four options under the “Size and rotation” menu — Width, Height, Width scale, and Height Scale.
- You can change the size of the image by customizing the size options.
- Once done, you can see the size has changed in your Google Drive.
Google Photos Resize image
Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share with others. But the drawback with Google photos is you can’t resize an uploaded image in it.
Change upload size of an image in Google Photos
Even though you are not allowed to change the size of the image in Google Drive, you can change the upload size of the image in Google photos. To change the upload size of an image in Google photos,
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Tap your Google account profile photo at the top right of the mobile screen.
- Tap on the Photos ‘settings’ icon and then select “Back up & sync”.
- Select “High quality” or “Original quality”.
- If you can’t able to change your upload size, then you might be out of storage.
- Under Back up at lower resolution, tap “Resume Backup”.
- If you are using Google Photos account on multiple devices, and you change your upload size for one device, it will not affect the “backup settings” on any other device.
- You can also change your upload size to Express backup.
- If you change your upload size from “Express backup” to a higher quality option, Google Photos will re-upload any existing photos on your device.
- You can limit backup data usage.
Resize images in Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer gives you the power to create beautiful, engaging designs and allows you to use animation and interactive elements to bring your creative vision to life.
There are two ways to resize images in Google Web Designer — You can use the Selection tool to stretch or shrink the image or edit the dimensions in the Properties panel.
Resized images in Google web designer usually change their aspect ratio to conform to the new boundaries.
To resize an image or video using the Selection tool:
- Open the Google Web designer tool on your PC. Click the Selection tool from the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Make sure the “Transform control” checkbox is checked in the tool options bar at the top of the screen.
- Select the image you want to resize.
- Drag one of the control points on the sides or corners of the selection box. The width and height of the element will display during resizing.
- Hold the Shift key while dragging to maintain the original aspect ratio of the image.
Resize an image using the Properties panel in Google web designer
To resize an image using the properties panel in Google web designer,
- Click the “Selection Tool” in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Select the image you want to resize.
- In the “Properties panel”, change the width and height values.
- To maintain the original aspect ratio, make sure the Constrain aspect ratio button is selected.
You may like to following Google drive tutorials:
- How to delete recent activity on google drive
- How to turn off quick access in google drive
- How to password protect google drive
- Google drive folder: How to Share, unshare and turn off link sharing
- How to organize google drive shared with me?
- How to pin Google Drive to Taskbar
- How to recover permanently deleted files from Google Drive
- How to delete everything in google drive
And voila! You can now resize an image in Google Drive easily by simply following the above instructions.