Do you want to transfer ownership of a google doc? Yes, it’s possible with a few clicks. Google Docs provides you with the opportunity to change ownership of a google doc document and that’s one of the great features of Google Docs. No doubt, you are landed on a perfect article to learn this.
How to change/transfer ownership of a Google Doc
To transfer ownership of your Google Docs document is a matter of a few clicks, you just need to follow the below instructions.
- Open your Google Docs document for the one you want to transfer the ownership to.
- Click on the Share button from the top right corner. Search for the person’s Email Id you want to make the owner. Select the Editor option from the dropdown and then click on the Send button.
3. Now, click on the Share button from to p right corner of your screen. You can able to see the person you have shared the document on the previous step. Choose the Transfer ownership option from the dropdown as shown below.
4. On the next pop up, click on the Send Invitation button. Note, that you will be the owner until this person accepts ownership.
5. Now, the status will become Pending owner because the person has not yet accepted the requset to become the owner of this Google Docs document.
6. The moment the person accepted the request for the ownership, If you will check your Gmail, you will see an email saying that the the person accepted your ownership invitation.
7. Now, refresh the document page and click on the Share button again, you can able to see that person becomes the owner of that particular Google Docs document. The status has been changed from Pending Owner to Owner. Click on the Done button to close the Pop up.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to share Google docs with non-Gmail users
- How to download Google Docs as Plain text (.txt)
- How to add tab stops in Google Docs (Easy Way)
- How to add table of contents in Google docs
- How to Make a Brochure on Google docs- 2 Popular Methods
- How to check word count on Google docs
- How to change Google docs language
Voila! Still you are thinking can you change ownership of a google doc, the answer is Yes and you just need to follow the instructions on this article and you learnt how to change ownership of a Google Doc.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.