In this article, we will discuss how to create labels in Google Docs. we can use the Labelmaker add-on to create and print labels in Google Docs.
Table Of Contents
How to create labels in Google Docs
Follow the below steps to install the Labelmaker Google Docs add-on to make labels in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on Extensions –> Select Add-ons –> Choose the Get add-ons option.
3. Search for Labelmaker and click on the Create & print labels add-ons.
4. Click on the Install button to install the Labelmaker add-ons.
5. Click on the Continue button on the next pop-up.
6. Choose your Gmail account then make sure to click on the Allow button on the next window to trust the Labelmaker add-ons. Finally, click on the Done button.
We have successfully installed the Labelmaker add-ons. Now let’s discuss how to use the Labelmaker add-ons to create labels in Google Docs.
7. Click on Extensions –> Select Create & Print Labels –> choose Create labels option.
8. Click on the Select a template option.
9. On the Select a template window, select the vendor from the Browse by vendors dropdown –> Choose the Product number based on your need –> Click on the Use button.
10. Enter the text on the first cell of your Google Docs document and format it based on your need like changing the font, color, etc and the same text will be added to all other cells on your Document.
11. After entering and formatting the text on the first cell –> Click on the Create labels button. If you don’t want the first cell text to be replicated on other cells, you can uncheck the check box “Use first cell as a model”.
12. Now, it will show you “Your labels are ready!”. Click on the “Open document” button.
13. Now the document will open in another tab with all the labels. If you don’t like the labels, you can go back to format the label in the first cell again and then click on the Create labels button followed by the Open document button.
How to print labels in Google Docs
So our Google Docs document with all the labels is ready.
Now let’s print the labels in Google Docs using the below instructions
- Click on the File menu –> Choose the Print option or for the same option you can press Ctrl + P keys from your keyboard.
- Select the Destination printer, Pages, Color, Paper size, and better to choose Margins to None and Scale option to 100 %. You can change the Paper size option and check which one is more convenient for you.
Finally, click on the Print button to print the labels.
How to print Avery labels in Google Docs
Well, let’s create Avery labels in Google Docs using the “Avery Label Merge” add-on, and then we will print the Avery labels. Let’s try to install the Avery label merge Google Docs add-on.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the Extensions menu –> choose Add-ons –> select the Get add-ons option.
3. Search for Avery label merge and click on the search result Avery Label Merge add-on.
4. Click on the Install button to install the Avery label merge add-ons.
5. On the next pop-up, click on the Continue button.
6. Select your Gmail account –> click on the allow button –> Click the Done button on the next pop-up.
We are done with the installation of the Avery Label Merge add-on.
As a next step, on a google sheet, we will mention the name and address (mail merge content) like below.
Now to use the Avery Label Merge add-on to print the Avery label, you can follow the below instruction.
- Click on Extensions –> select Avery Label Merge –> choose the start option.
2. Click on the Select Spreadsheet button –> Browse the spreadsheet and click on the Select button.
Choose the Label/Envelope –> Click on the Merge Labels button.
3. Now, it is asking me, You have 4 labels to merge, Do you want to continue? Click on the Yes button to continue.
4. Now, it generated 4 labels successfully, click on the Google Document link. It will open the Google docs document with the Avery labels in a new tab.
Note: You can also click on the PDF version link to print.
5. The Google document will look like the one below.
6. Now, to print the Avery labels in Google Docs, click on the File menu –> select the Print option or for the same Print option, you can press Ctrl + P keys from your keyboard.
7. Choose the Paper size, Margins as None, and scale as 100% –> finally, click on the Print button to print the Google Docs Avery labels.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to make trademark symbol on Google Docs (4 Easy Methods)
- How to change the page orientation in Google Docs
- How to rearrange pages in Google Docs
- How to add table of contents in Google docs
- How to create a Google Docs questionnaire- Step-by-Step
Voila! how easy to make labels in Google Docs. Not only that, it is so simple to print labels in Google Docs. Now, it’s your turn to print Avery labels in Google Docs using the above steps. Thanks for reading this article.