If you’ve heard more about bids, you would definitely know about various auctions. However, for every auction, you need a document as proof. So having predefined template sets would be a nicer option if you’re an auctioneer. So without a second thought, you would now know what this blog post would be. Yes, it’s creating a Google Docs silent auction template.
So before creating a silent auction template in Google Docs, let us know a gist about what it is.
Table Of Contents
So what is a silent auction?
In a silent auction, participants can place “silent” bids on items they’ve already acquired for a set period without an auctioneer in charge. Each auction item is handed to the highest bidder after the event, and your charity gets all the money raised because the items were donated.
How to create a Google Docs silent auction template
Now let us know how to create a Google Docs silent auction template simply and effectively!
Let’s get started.
Step 1: Log in to access Google Docs. Start with a blank template to create a silent auction template.
Step 2: The margin must first be sized to fit the page. Choose File Click on Page Setup to accomplish this. There will be a dialogue box with margin settings.
Step 3: Choose insert from the menu if there isn’t already a header option where you can place the company name. Your header will be applied to the page when you click on it.
Step 4: To change the header, choose the format and the header options.
Step 5: Make sure you enter all the necessary information, such as the minimum bid, bid increments, names of bidders, etc.
Step 6: When you have completed writing these lines of text, use the Insert menu to insert a line, move it to the appropriate spot on the page, and then save the document when you are ready.
Step 7: Choose a table from the Insert menu to create one. You can select how many tables you need by choosing the table. Press the enter key on the keyboard after that.
Step 8: To change the color of the table, right-click the table first. Next, select the drop-down menu’s table properties option. Then, a brand-new pop-up box labeled “table properties” appears. Click the ok button after selecting the preferred color in the pop-up box.
In just a few clicks, you have generated a Google Docs template that will provide you with all the necessary information for a silent auction.
Below presented is the overview/output of the completed google docs silent auction template.
Now that we have this understanding let’s look at some of the most frequently asked questions about the silent auction.
What are the differences between silent auctions and live auctions?
To comprehend them completely, you must understand how silent auctions differ from their live auction counterparts. Apart from the absence of a quick-talking auctioneer setting bid increments and enticing the participants, there are several obvious differences.
In live auction:
- There is Auctioneer
- There is an active engagement among the crowd
- A growing number of bids are being submitted in a competitive environment
- An auction is available for public viewing
- The majority of events are held in person
- This is a good option for high-end items
In silent auction
- There is No Auctioneer
- Passive participation is involved
- Bids can be placed initially or reviewed/rebid
- The majority of the bidding takes place anonymously
- The software is based on the internet
- It is good for a lot of general items
How does a silent auction work?
Depending on the site you choose, the silent auction may seem different:
- On a silent auction page that your group will create, you will be able to see the items that will be auctioned off.
- Each item has a starting bid, a bid increment, and an auction end date.
- The goal is to convince people to bid on your page by advertising and spreading awareness everywhere.
- Bidding will take place throughout the auction for the products participants want to bid on.
- In the event of someone else outbidding them, SMS messages are sent to them.
- There is an option for participants to raise their bids or to make proxies bids on their behalf.
- Upon the conclusion of the auction, the highest bidder is the winner of the object.
- There is an automatic deduction of money from a bidder’s account when he or she wins a bid.
Exactly what is sold at a silent auction?
The things up for bid are crucial to all online silent auctions. The battle, however, is not won by simply knowing how to run a successful silent auction. Knowing what people want to bid on is the other half. This entails having access to goods that will motivate contributors to place several bids.
Here are a few effective things:
- Fun experiences: Various events are offered, including overnight stays, spa days, wine tasting tours, and ziplining. Bidding on it is worth it if it will be enjoyable to experience.
- Services: During the auction, businesses donate their services to help you raise money. It’s not uncommon to offer yoga sessions, housekeeping, personal training, or pet sitting sessions for a year.
- Random items: Parking spaces, seats in the school stadium, a day off, or access to the football squad or band are some creative goods that often receive many bids.
- Tickets: Rare and exclusive tickets are popular, whether for a performance, a concert, a theme park, an award show, backstage passes, or backstage passes.
- New technology: Don’t pass up the chance to sell some top-of-the-line technology on eBay!
- Gifts and Kits: lottery tickets, a pet emergency kit, a campfire kit, and many more. Your attendees will enjoy the exciting prizes up for auction.
You may also like following the below articles
- Press Release Template Google Docs
- Google docs newsletter template
- Google Docs Birthday Invitation Template
- Google Docs Note Card Template
- Creating a book template in Google Docs
It is now obvious that you have learned how to create a Google Docs silent auction template and some interesting questions that you should not miss. This is all about the silent auction template Google Docs. Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!