Show Formatting is a very basic option that Microsoft word provides you as default. But Google Docs doesn’t have any inbuild option to show formatting as of now.
But, there is a way to achieve this i.e with the help of an add-on called Show. So, as part of this article, we will discuss how we can get the show formatting option in Google Docs with the help of the Show add-on.
Well, let’s discuss the Google Docs show formatting option and along with that, we will also discuss a few other topics like Google Docs Formatting Issues, Google Docs Show Page Breaks, How To Show White Space In Google Docs, How To Insert Paragraph Symbol In Google Docs, etc.
Table Of Contents
- Google Docs Show Formatting
- How To Show White Space In Google Docs
- Google Docs Formatting Issues
- Google Docs Formatting Issues 2021
- Google Docs Show Page Breaks
- How To Insert Paragraph Symbol In Google Docs
- How To Insert Google Docs special characters with keyboard shortcuts
- Wrapping Up
Google Docs Show Formatting
As discussed, there is no default option Google docs is providing as of now to show formatting. So we need to install the Show add-on to get the formatting options in Google docs. Follow the below quick steps to install the Show app.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and open your existing Google docs document.
- Click on the Add-ons –> Select Get add-ons option.
3. Search for Show and click on the search result “Show” application.
4. Click on the Install button.
5. Provide your Google account credentials and click on Allow button.
6. Finally, click on the Done button to complete the installation.
7. Now, click on Add-ons –> Select Show application –> Show –> You can able to see the Spaces, Tabs, Page breaks, Line breaks, etc. Even you can hide, highlight symbols, etc.
8. When I have selected Spaces on the above window, you can able to see below that it highlighted where ever space is there.
How To Show White Space In Google Docs
To show white space in Google docs, Follow the below instructions
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on Add-ons –> Select Show application –> Show –> Select the Spaces option.
You can refer to the above screenshots for more details.
Note: Sometimes, after installing the Show add-on, while trying to access, you can able to see only the help option. In that case, try uninstalling the Show application and reinstall the Show-add-on, Now you will all the options.
Google Docs Formatting Issues
Are you facing formatting issues in Google Docs? the issue could be with Margin or sometimes the word goes out of margin, etc.
Google Docs Formatting Issues 2021
Here, is a few quick approaches that can help you quickly to fix your Google Docs formatting issues.
Clear Your Browser Cache
If you are getting any formatting issue, then the basic step to try out is, try clearing your browser cache. You might be lucky enough to see that the formatting issue has been fixed now. If you are still facing the same issue then try following the below approaches.
Try Using A Different Browser (Not Chrome)
If you are using a Chrome browser, try to switch to Microsoft Edge or some other Browser. There are a few issues reported on Google Docs Formatting with the Chrome Browser. Switching to a different browser might fix the formatting issue for you.
If still, you are facing the same issue even after switching your Browser, then you can try the below approach.
Disable ad blocker And Other Extensions
Sometimes, adblocker can cause a formatting issue in Google docs so disabling the ad blocker might help you to fix your issue.
If you are still facing the same issue even after disabling the ad blocker. Finally, try removing the third party extensions one by one till your issue gets resolved.
These are the approaches you have to try out in order to fix Google Docs formatting problems.
Google Docs Show Page Breaks
You can follow the below quick step to view page breaks in Google Docs.
- Open your Google Docs document where you want to view the page breaks.
- Click on View –> Select the Print layout option.
How To Insert Paragraph Symbol In Google Docs
Well, if you want to insert the paragraph symbols in Google Docs, You can use the below steps.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the Insert menu –> Special Characters
3. Now, you will get a complete list of symbols that you can use. To insert the Paragraph symbols, search for Paragraph on the insert special characters window. Select the paragraph ornament from the list of symbols.
This is How To Insert Paragraph Symbol In Google Docs.
How To Insert Google Docs special characters with keyboard shortcuts
You can press Ctrl + I and then press C keyboard shortcuts to insert special characters in Google Docs.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to wrap text in Google docs- Step-by-Step
- Top useful Google Docs Keyboard Shortcuts
- How to bookmark Google docs
- How To Move A Table In Google Docs
- How To Add Checkbox In Google docs
In this article, we have discussed Google Docs Show Formatting, Google Docs Formatting Issues, Google Docs Formatting Issues 2021, Google Docs Show Page Breaks, How To Show White Space In Google Docs, How To Insert Paragraph Symbol In Google Docs, How To Insert Google Docs special characters with keyboard shortcuts, etc. Hope you have enjoyed this article !!!