While working in Google Docs it is common to have an extra page at the end of the document. Or sometimes due to a miss-match in margins and spacing, you could end up with a blank page in the middle of a document. This blog will focus on how to delete a page in Google docs (delete a blank page).
There are multiple ways to delete a page in Google Docs.
To delete a page in Google Docs on Desktop, simply press and hold the Backspace key.
To delete a blank page in Google Docs on Android, tap on the three-dot (…) menu –> tap on Share & export –> Then tap on Print option.
Table Of Contents
- How to delete a Blank page in Google Docs
- How to delete a page using the highlight and delete method
- How to delete a page while using templates
- Removing the extra page by adjusting the margins
- Removing an extra page caused due to Page break
- How to Delete a Blank Page in Google Docs on an Android Device
- How to Delete a Page in Google docs on a Chromebook
- How to delete a page in Google Docs on Mac
- How to Delete Page in Google docs Resume
- How to remove a blank page in google docs resume
- How to Delete a Page in Google docs With a Header
- How to Delete Multiple Pages in Google docs
How to delete a Blank page in Google Docs
In most cases, an extra page shows up due to character spaces on them. This most likely happens when u have hit enter a couple of times and forget to delete it. This can be easily reversed by dragging the cursor through the page.
After you reach the bottom of the page hitting the Backspace key. This will clear the extra characters and in turn delete the extra page.
How to delete a page using the highlight and delete method
This method is similar to the previous one. The only difference is that you highlight the extra page and hit Delete. Simply left click on the top of the page and scroll down without releasing the mouse button.
By doing this you will highlight all the characters or spaces on that page. After which you need to press the Delete button on your keyboard. This will delete the extra page in your Google Docs.
How to delete a page while using templates
While using templates, especially a resume, there are a number of tables as part of the template design. Most of the time these tables are visible but sometimes it may so happen that a few cells or even an entire table can be hidden. This may cause an extra page to show up.
To delete such pages, you first need to change the color of the table so that the extra cells are visible.
This can be done using simple steps Format > Table > Table properties
A pop-up window with information about the table will appear. Change the border to Black and the border width to 1 pt.
This will make the table borders visible. You can then edit the text within the cells and delete extra columns or rows. Sometimes the height and width of the table are a cause as well they take up extra space and mess up the page setting. This can be easily rectified once the table is properly visible.
In Google Docs line spacing is very important, especially when a table is involved. A line before and after the table is necessary for it to work properly. If there is not enough space on the page at the bottom the contents will be pushed onto the next page.
Removing the extra page by adjusting the margins
Sometimes adjusting the margins is all it takes to get rid of the extra page. An extra page may show up if the margin at the bottom of the page is too big. Here is how you can reduce the size of the bottom margin. In order to do that
- Double-click on the bottom of the page. The footer will be visible.
2. On the right side you have three options available. you can either edit the footer or remove it completely.
3. If you choose to remove it completely it will reduce the hassle. If you would like to have the footer but reduce the size follow the following steps.
4. Click on the Footer format option this will open a popup editor. With the help of this, you can edit the footer as well as the header. The default size is 1.27cm this can be reduced to 0.50 or lower. Reducing the size of the header or footer or in some cases both, you will be able to increase the overall height of the page. This will reduce spillovers and you will not have an extra page.
Removing an extra page caused due to Page break
During the course of writing and editing the Document, it may so happen that you would have accidentally added a page break this is easily rectified by bringing the cursor the first word of the page and hitting the backspace / delete key on the keyboard.
It will delete the page break and leave you with an extra page free document
Note: If the Google Docs was converted from a Microsoft Word Document, the section breaks or page breaks will show up as blank pages. There is no way of deleting them from Docs unless you copy the entire document on a Word Document and delete the breaks.
How to Delete a Blank Page in Google Docs on an Android Device
Well, it’s quite easy to delete a blank page in Google Docs on android mobile or tab. Follow the below instruction to delete a page in Google docs on Android.
- Open the Docs app on your Android device.
- Tap on the document from where you want to delete the blank page and then click on the Edit (Looks like Pencil) icon.
- Then, tap on the three-dot (…) menu which is present on the top right corner.
- Tap on the Share & export option.
5. Finally, tap on the Print option as highlighted below. This will remove all the blank pages from your Google Docs.
How to Delete a Page in Google docs on a Chromebook
You can follow the below quick steps to delete a page in Google docs on a Chromebook.
- Open the Google Docs App on your Chromebook.
- Then, you need to highlight the page which is blank –> hit Delete or Backspace.
- In the scenario, if you have an empty page at the end of your document, you can hover the cursor till the time you will see the Remove option. Once you will see the Remove option click on that to remove the blank page.
How to delete a page in Google Docs on Mac
To delete a page in Google Docs on Mac, simply follow the below instruction.
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Place your mouse cursor at the page end that you wish to delete.
- Press and hold the Delete key.
How to Delete Page in Google docs Resume
You can easily delete a page in Google docs resume.
How to remove a blank page in google docs resume
Follow the below quick approaches to remove a blank page in Google docs resume.
Simply hit Delete
The simplest approach to delete a page in Google docs resume is just to put the cursor on the page that you want to delete and then hit Delete. That’s all.
In some cases, just Adjusting the margins can fix your issue. To adjust the margin, follow the below information.
Navigate to File menu –> Page Setup –> Adjust the margin based on the need on the Page Setup window.
Use Custom Spacing
Navigate to Format menu –> Line Spacing –> Custom Spacing.
On the Custom spacing window, it’s always better to keep the After option value as zero as highlighted below.
How to Delete a Page in Google docs With a Header
- First, you can check out the steps to delete the header.
- Now, select the page and hit delete to delete the page.
- If you want, you can add the headers again on the other pages.
How to Delete Multiple Pages in Google docs
Consider a scenario, where you have to delete multiple pages with content to get rid of extra space. You can follow the below instruction to delete multiple pages.
- Click on the page and then drag your cursor to highlight the contents.
- From your keyboard, press the Backspace or Delete key which will delete the contents along with the pages.
Another scenario is where you have multiple blank pages at the end of your document. Follow the below information to delete multiple blank pages from your Google Docs.
- Click on the end of your last page and then keep pressing the backspace from your keyboard till the page you actually want. This will remove all your empty pages from the end of your Google docs.
These options are very useful if you have an extra page getting in the way of your otherwise perfect Google Docs. Simply use the method that suits you the best and you will be able to delete the extra page in your Google docs (delete blank page).
Check out our other blogs on Google Docs: