Working on Google Docs is convenient and easy to collaborate on. If you are new to this, I wrote an article on What is google docs and how to start using Google Docs. Collaborating with people sometimes requires to save documents on the computer. Documents can be saved in a number of formats. This blog focuses on how you can save google docs as PDF.
Table Of Contents
- 1 3 Different ways to access Google Docs
- 2 Accessing the Google Docs from Google Drive
- 3 How to save Google Doc as PDF
- 4 How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Computer
- 5 Download Multiple Google Documents as PDF
- 6 Downloading the converted Files
- 7 How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Phone
- 8 How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Android
- 9 How To Save Google Doc As PDF On iPhone or iPad
- 10 Convert Google Doc As PDF On iPhone or iPad
- 11 How To Convert Google Doc To PDF On Mac
- 12 How To Convert Google Doc To PDF On Chromebook
- 13 How to open google docs as PDF
- 14 Google Docs Not Saving As PDF
- 15 Wrapping Up
3 Different ways to access Google Docs
There are three ways to access Google Docs
- From Gmail using the Apps on the right corner
- By directly logging on to https://docs.google.com/ and
- By accessing it through Google Drive
Accessing the Google Docs from Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage option by google that allows you to save Files, Documents, pictures, etc. It comes free with your Google account. Almost all phones and computers have an option where you can save your data directly on Google drive. Similarly it also saves all Google docs as soon as they are created.
To retrieve them you need to login to your Google account and go to Google Drive or open drive.google.com and login to your account. You will be able to see your Google Doc as an Icon under My Drive.
Right-click on the Document > Open with > Google Docs
How to save Google Doc as PDF
To save Google Docs (DOCX) to PDF, Google Docs offers a free download option. With the help of this option, you can follow a few simple steps and download the document as a PDF.
How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Computer
Step 1. Open the Google Doc using any of the methods stated above
Step 2: from the File menu click Download > PDF Document (.pdf)
Step 3: Choose the desired download location on your computer where the file will be saved.
Note: If you do not receive a prompt to choose a file location, the file will directly get saved in the Downloads folder. You can access it from the and move it to the desired location.
Step 4: just double click and open the Google Doc saved as PDF.
The above method is a good option if you want to download one Google Doc as a PDF. What happens if you need to download multiple files?
Download Multiple Google Documents as PDF
Here is a method that will not consume much time and will help convert files in a jiffy. Google offers a service called Google Takeout which helps you download multiple files from data stored on your Google account. As well as data synced from various devices and those stored on Google Drive
Data can be exported using these simple steps
Browse takeout.google.com from your browser and login to your google account.
After logging in to your Google Account from the Google takeout page, you see a list of all the data saved on your account, this includes Google Drive. From the data listed, you can include data you would like to download and ignore irrelevant data.
Tip: The Deselect all option is a good way to speed up the selection process.
To choose specific data from Drive click All Drive data included this will give you a list of all the files on the drive you can select specific files from that list. Other programs on the list will have similar tabs to help you select . This way you download only files that you require and not the entire list.
In order to specify the format of the files after download, you need to specify the desired format beforehand. Select file > Multiple formats
As Word is the default format you will have to change the option to PDF.
Move on to choosing the file type and frequency by clicking Next step
Here you can change the delivery method which specifies how you would like to export the documents. Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive, and Box are the different options available. Along with an option to receive it as a downloadable link via email.
Downloading the converted Files
After choosing the method you could choose to make multiple exports over the year. Or just this one time.
Lastly the file type needs to be specified – either .zip or .tgz
Click Create export once you are satisfied with the selection.
Once the export process is complete you can download the files by clicking Download
How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Phone
It’s quite easy to save Google doc as pdf on phone.
How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Android
Let’s follow the below steps to convert Google docs to PDF on Android.
- Open the Docs app on your phone or android device and then open the document that you want to save as PDF or convert PDF.
- You need to tap on the three-dot menu that is present at the top right corner.
3. Select the “Share & export” option as highlighted below.
4. Now, select the “Save As” option on the Share & export window.
5. Choose the “PDF Document (.pdf)” option and then tap on the “Ok” button to save the document as PDF. Now your PDF document will get save in Google drive.
6. Click on the “Download” button to download the PDF document to your phone.
How To Save Google Doc As PDF On iPhone or iPad
Well, It’s quite easy to save Google doc as pdf on iPhone or iPad.
Convert Google Doc As PDF On iPhone or iPad
Follow the below steps to save Google Doc as PDF on iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Docs app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the document that you want to save as a PDF and then tap on the three-dot menu (…) that is present on the top right corner.
- Select the “Share & export” option on the next menu.
- On the Share & export window, tap on the “Send a Copy” option.
- Select the PDF option on the “Send a Copy” window and then click on the “Ok” button.
- Now, you can either select the Save to Files option to save it on your iPhone or iPad or if you want to share the document with others, you can select any of the sharing options like Whatsapp or Gmail, etc based on your need.
How To Convert Google Doc To PDF On Mac
Want to convert Google Doc to PDF on Mac? Here are a few quick steps for converting Google Docs to PDF on Mac.
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ on your Mac and open the document that you want to save as or convert to PDF.
- Click on the “File” menu from the top left.
- Choose the “Download” option –> Select “PDF Document (.pdf)“.
4. Now the document will get downloaded to the default download path on your Mac.
How To Convert Google Doc To PDF On Chromebook
Well, below are the quick steps to help you to convert Google Doc to PDF on your Chromebook.
- Open the Docs App on your Chromebook.
- Click on the File Menu.
- Select the Download As option –> Choose the PDF Document (.pdf) option.
- Now, the PDF file will get downloaded on your Chromebook.
How to open google docs as PDF
In this blog, we have seen different ways in which a user can save Google docs as a PDF. The document can easily be located and opened by simply double-clicking.
Google Docs Not Saving As PDF
If you are facing issues while saving Google docs to a PDF then make sure to follow the below instructions.
Approach-1: Clear Browser Cache On Your PC
Try clearing the Browser Cache on your PC using the below steps.
- Open the Chrome Browser On your PC.
- Click on the three-dot menu from the top right corner –> Then Select the Settings option.
3. Click on the Advanced option.
4. Click on the Privacy and Security option from the left navigation and then click on the Clear browsing data option.
5. Make sure to select the “Cached images and files” option and then click on the “Clear data” button.
Approach-2: Clear Docs App Cache on Your Mobile
If you are using your mobile or Android device and getting errors while saving the Google doc to PDF then clear the Google Docs App cache using the below steps.
- Open “settings” on your mobile or Android device.
- Tap on “Apps & notification” option.
- Then Tap on See All Apps option.
- Locate the Docs app and then tap on that.
- Now, tap on the “Storage & Cache” option.
6. Finally, tap on the “Clear Cache” button.
Approach-3: Try Using a Different Browser
Once, you have cleared your browser cache and still facing the same issue then you can try using a different browser to open Google docs and trying doing the same operation that might fix the issue for you.
Approach-4: Use Print Feature To Save Google Doc As PDF
- Navigate to https://docs.google.com/ and click on the document that you want to save as PDF.
- Click on the File menu –> Select the Print option.
3. Select the “Save as PDF” from the “Microsoft Print to PDF”.
4. Then, click on the Save button to save the document as PDF.
If you would like to know more about Google docs check out our other blogs:
- What is Google Docs and How to use Google Docs
- How to send Google doc as an attachment in Email
- How to insert signature (E sign) in Google docs
- Google docs vs Microsoft word
- How to use voice typing in Google docs?
- How to delete a page in Google docs
- Google docs vertical alignment
- How to add table of contents in Google docs
Well, in this article, we have discussed How to save Google docs as pdf, How to save Google Doc as PDF, How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Computer, Download Multiple Google Documents as PDF, and long with these, we have also discussed How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Phone, How To Save Google Doc As PDF On Android, How To Save Google Doc As Pdf On iPhone or iPad, Convert Google Doc As PDF On iPhone or iPad, How To Convert Google Doc To PDF On Chromebook, Google Docs Not Saving As PDF. Hope you have enjoyed this article !!!