Google Docs, a software office suite service includes Google Sheets and Google Slides, a spreadsheet, and a presentation program for different uses. Google docs QR code is more powerful than a standard barcode because of the huge storage of data, URL links, geo coordinates, text, and most importantly they are digitally present, just requires smartphones to scan them instead of chunky hand-held scanner.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why Google docs QR code?
- 2 Google Docs QR Code
- 3 Google Docs QR code inventory
- 4 How to create QR code for your inventory in Google Docs?
- 5 How to insert QR survey code into your Google Docs?
- 6 Create a Google Form for QR code survey
- 7 Create a QR Code using a QR code generator
- 8 Insert that QR code into your Google Docs document
Why Google docs QR code?
Let’s say you have created a Google Docs document for company report, attendance presentation, product information, or user manual and want to share it with a large set of audience.
It’s really a tedious process to send your Google Docs documents for more colleagues. So it’s a great idea to send via print media that is QR codes instead of sending them the document.
QR Codes are 2D barcodes that store alphanumeric information, multimedia such as images and videos with a storage capacity of up to 7,089 characters.
Google Docs QR Code
- To make use of your Google Docs document as a Google Docs QR code for scanning by your fellow colleagues, your document should be publicly accessible. You can do this by simply activating “anyone with the link” option in the document.
- You can use a QR code generator with this URL od downloaded PDF version to create a QR code. There are many QR code generators available online. All you have to do is simply copy your Google Docs URL and paste in QR code generators to create Google Docs QR code.
Google Docs QR code inventory
The finest way of tracking your assets in inventory management is by using the QR code. Just a smartphone or a handheld scanner will make wonders to gather a cluster of information about your assets by scanning QR codes. That said, only scanners that can read both 1D and 2D barcodes can scan QR codes.
You can deploy a QR code inventory system in your Docs to keep track of all inventory records for your company.
How to create QR code for your inventory in Google Docs?
If you want to create QR code for your inventory assets, its a very simple process that uses an online code generator. Once your Docs document is ready, just copy the Docs URL and paste in Online code generated to get QR code as an image.
How to insert QR survey code into your Google Docs?
If you want a Docs that need to have QR code at the end of it for scanning information, you can insert a survey using Google form. Follow the below instructions to know how to insert QR code into Docs document.
- Create a Google Form for QR code survey
- Create a QR Code using a QR code generator
- Insert that QR code into your Google Docs document
- Share with your colleagues to view the results
Create a Google Form for QR code survey
- Head up to your Google account.
- Go to Google drive and then click New > More > Google Forms
- You can either create a blank Google Forms or go with a template that suits your needs.
- Once you created a blank form, name it.
- Now add your question.
- The default question type is multiple choice. You have an option to change this by selecting the drop-down “Multiple Choice” option.
- Add your set of options by clicking enter after each option.
- Once you are done with a question, add the next question by clicking the “+” Add question icon.
- When you are done, click the “send” button to get your sharable link.
- Click on the “Link” icon to get the sharable link.
- To get a shortened URL, check-in the “Shorten URL” checkbox.
- You can also have an option to share this form via email to your desired recipient.
This is the link you are going to use for creating your QR Code!
Create a QR Code using a QR code generator
There is a bunch of online QR code generators that stores your data into a QR code just providing your data via URL or direct text and download it as high-resolution PNG or vector graphics.
Before choosing a QR generator to use in your Google Docs, you have to analyze which best suits you. There are two types of QR code generators. They are Static QR code generator and Dynamic QR code generator.
Dynamic QR Code generator
A dynamic QR Code generator creates flexible and editable QR Codes. With dynamic QR codes, you can update from small details to entire URL
Static QR code generator
A static QR code generated from a static QR code generator cannot be overwritten and the information embedded in your QR code is uneditable.
It is always better to use a static QR code generator to ensure more security.
Let’s have a look at how to create QR code for Google documents with a static QR code generator of a “QR code generator”
- You can simply google “QR code generator” and click on the website. No sign-in is required to create QR code.
- Enter the copied URL of the Google Docs form.
- Save your data by Clicking the “Save” option on the right side of the window.
- A pop-up will open up that requires you to name your QR code. Once done, click “save”.
- Your QR code will be now get downloaded into your computer.
Insert that QR code into your Google Docs document
- Once you are done with downloading the QR code, now it’s the time to upload your QR code into your Docs.
- Sign in to your Docs and open the document you want to insert your QR code.
- Click Insert > Image > Upload from computer
- Find the downloaded QR code image and insert it in your desired position of Google document.
Share your Google Docs QR code with your colleagues to view the results
You are now ready to save and print your QR code survey from the Docs document.
You can insert your QR code in Google Docs document and also change your Google docs document to QR code by following the above instructions.