We all know that find and replace is an excellent feature that helps us find any particular word from a large document and replacing with a specific set of words. Are you thinking of where is find and replace in Google Docs? Well, Google Docs provides us with the find and replace feature. In this article, you will find the answer.
To find and replace in Google Docs, click the Edit menu –> select Find and replace or you can use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + H (For windows) and Command+Shift+H (For Mac).
In this article, we will discuss how to find and replace in Google Docs and along with that, we will also discuss a few other topics.
Table Of Contents
How to find and replace in Google Docs
You can follow the below steps to use the search and replace Google Docs option. Note that this is the advanced find and replace option in google docs
- Open your Google Docs document.
- Click on the Edit menu –> Choose the Find and replace option.
3. Enter the word to find on the Find text box and then type the word that you want to replace with on the Replace with text box.
Then click on the below buttons based on your requirement.
- Replace: Replace the words one by one.
- Replace all: Replace all the matching words at once.
- Previous: To see the previous matching word.
- Next: To see the next matching words.
How to find and replace in Google Docs shortcut
Well, you can also use the below keyboard shortcuts to find and replace in Google Docs.
Windows: you can use Ctrl + H keyboard shortcut for Windows.
Mac: Use Command+Shift+H keyboard shortcut to find and replace in Google Docs mac.
How to find and replace in Google Docs App
You can use the below steps to use find and replace in Google Docs on mobile.
- Open the Docs app on your mobile.
- Tap on the Google Docs document to open –> Now, tap on the pencil icon to edit.
- Tap on the three dots menu from the top right corner of your mobile screen.
4. Tap on the Find and replace option.
5. Type the exact word that you want to find on the find text box.
6. Then tap on the three dots menu –> Choose the Replace or Replace all option based on your need.
7. Now, type the exact text that you want to replace with and then tap on the Replace button and now you are done.
How to find a word in Google Docs
You can use Ctrl + H keyboard shortcut if you are using Windows and in case you are using macOS, you can use Command+F to find a specific word in your Google Docs document.
You may also like following the below articles
- How To Change Page Color In Google Docs
- How To Alphabetize In Google Docs
- How to recover a file from Google Docs
- How To Do Exponents In Google Docs
- How to Create a To-Do List in Google Docs
Voila!!, you saw how easy to find and replace in Google Docs from your computer and your mobile. Now it’s your turn to use find and replace in Google Docs to search for a word.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in the Software Industry. For a long time, I have been using Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets for my document usage, and I am sharing all the tips and tricks, the challenges I have come across, and their solutions to use Google Docs for your day-to-day use. I hope you will learn from these practical Google Docs tutorials. Read more.