Google Docs, a very powerful real-time collaboration, and document authoring tool produce wonderful drawings. A solid and interesting caption for a picture can spark a reader’s interest in your Google Docs document. But unfortunately, there is no built-in tool for adding a caption to images in Google Docs. But there are a few different workarounds you can add a caption to an image in your Google Docs.
How to add Google Docs Image Caption? You can follow the below steps to add a caption to an image in Google Documents.
- Click on the Menu -> Insert and then click on the “Drawing” option.
- You can paste your image either using Drag/Drop, or Ctrl–V or you can right-click and paste your image.
- The next step is to click on the “Textbox” button at the top.
- Now, Under the image, draw the textbox and add some text.
- Click on the “more” button that is present at the top to set the font or format.
Or, You can also follow the below steps add a caption to an image in your Google Docs.
- Click on the image, select “inline”.
- Put the cursor under the image and type the cation.
Still, there are 4 Ways To Add Captions To Images in Google Docs. We will discuss this in detail below.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How do I add a caption to an image in Google Documents?
- 2 Add Google Docs image caption using “Inline”
- 3 Add Google Docs image caption using “Table”
- 4 Adding Images with Captions in Google Docs
- 5 Google Drawings tool to add Google Docs image caption
- 6 Add Google Docs image caption using the “Text box”
- 7 Add Google Docs image caption using the “Caption Maker” Add-on
- 8 Wrapping Up
So let’s see how to add a caption under the image in google docs or Add a Caption to an Image in a Google Doc. There are 4 Ways To Add Captions To Images in Google Docs
- Add Google Docs image caption using “Inline”
- Add image caption using “Table” in Docs
- Add image caption using the “Text box” in Google Docs
- Add Google Docs image caption using “Caption Maker” add-on
One of the easiest ways to add a caption to an image is using the “inline” option.
All you have to is click on the image and select “inline” from the menu below it. Now place your cursor underneath the image you want to add a caption and type your caption.
This method sometimes collapses your Docs image caption. So its better to move on with other methods.
- How to add line spacing in Google docs
- Google docs numbered headings
- Popular Google Docs add ons
- How to add header and footer in Google Docs (remove Google docs header and footer)
To add Google Docs image caption, follow the below instructions.
- Draw a 1 x 2 matrix table to insert an image and caption below it by Clicking Insert > Table > 1 x 2
- Insert your image in the first row of the table and add image caption in the second row of the table.
Adding Images with Captions in Google Docs
How to insert an image with a caption in Google Docs? The simple and best way to insert an image is just by click-and-drag. All you have to is just finding out the image you want to insert and drag it from your computer’s file browser to the desired place of your Google Docs document.
- Once you add Google Docs image and caption, select the whole table and click on the “Border color” option in the upper right corner of the Google Docs.
- Select “white color” to hide the table.
- And that’s it. Your image caption is added using the “Table” option in Google Docs.
This is how to add a caption to an image in google docs.
Google docs have a specially designed virtual board namely Google Drawings that allows users to create drawings, diagrams, and pasting images.
There are many ways to add images to your Docs, but what if you want to put some text below the image that looks like an actual caption, then Drawings will master this. Let’s see how to add captions using Google Docs Drawing tool.
To open the Google Drawings tool, head up to your Google Drive account.
- Click +New > More > Google Drawings
Google Docs does not support the option to add a textbox that can be moved around the page. One workaround for this is to add a textbox to the Google Drawings, and then insert the Drawing back into your Google Docs document. Just follow the instructions below:
How to create a figure in google docs?
- Open Google Drawings
- Click Insert > Image > Upload from computer
- You can also insert images from your Google Drive, Google photos, or other various options provided by Google Drawings.
- Once the image is inserted, you are now ready to add a caption for the image you have inserted.
- You can now create a textbox by clicking on the “Textbox” button in the toolbar. This will open up a text box with a default dimension. You can adjust the dimensions if you want
- To draw a text box of your desired dimension, You can use the insert option in Google Drawings.
- Click Insert > Text box
- You can draw a text box below the image for adding the caption.
- You can also format the text as needed, including font, size, color, alignment, and more to make the caption more attractive.
- Adding a border will make it more look like a caption. To do so, click the “Border weight” button.
Blurry text in Google Docs Text box
If your caption looks blurry, you can use a one-cell table and change the border’s color, width, and design as desired instead of using a text box to make your caption clear with the image.
- Once you add a caption to the image, click “Save & Close”
- Now open your Google Docs document and proceed to insert this Google Drawing.
- Click Insert > Drawings > +New
- Choose the drawing with the caption and insert it into your Google Docs document.
- You can move, resize your image, change text wrapping around the picture as you wish.
- To edit it, just double-click on the picture, re-open and make edits.
The add-on for Google Docs called Caption Maker will make the process of adding the caption to your Google Docs document very easily and effectively.
Let’s see how to install, activate, and start using Caption Maker in docs to add Image caption.
Caption Maker — installation
To install Caption Maker, follow the below steps:
- Open your Docs document where you have to add an image with the caption.
- Click Add-ons > Get add-ons
- Type Caption maker in the search box of the G Suite market place.
- Click on the caption maker icon to install it.
- Click on the Blue button “Install” to install the caption maker.
- The caption maker needs your permission in order to install installing. Click “Continue” to install.
- Now click “Allow” to continue.
- Your caption maker has been now installed to caption your image.
- Now open your Google Docs document. Click Add-ons > Caption Maker > Start
Caption Maker — Activation
- If you can’t find the start option and only help option in caption maker, it means that the caption maker is installed but not enabled for use.
- To enable the option, click on Add-ons > Manage add-ons
- You can find Caption Maker in the list of installed add-ons. Just click the Manage button and choose Use in this document.
- Now reload the document by using the short key CTRL + R.Now the caption maker will be activated.
- Click on the start option to caption your image. A sidebar will be displayed on the right side of the Google Docs document.
The Caption Maker Add-on detects images and tables in your Google Docs, gives numbered captions above or below those images, and also creates lists of images and tables. This list of images can be updated as long as you add images.
- You can decide where to add your caption to the image by using the “Image and Drawings” option.
- If you wish to insert a caption below or above a table, you can also customize it.
- You can format the style, size, and color of your Image caption using “Visual Settings” in Docs.
- Once you are done with your settings, Click the “Captionize” button at the end of the sidebar to do Google Docs Image Caption.
- Google docs invoice template
- How to delete a page in Google docs
- How to save Google docs as pdf
- How to send Google doc as an attachment in Email
- How to insert signature (E sign) in Google docs
This is all about the steps to Add a Caption to an Image in a Google Doc or How to add captions to images.
Tell your readers what your image speaks by adding Google Docs Image caption using the above different methods. This is how to add a caption to an image in google docs, how to add caption in google docs, google docs caption, how to insert image caption in google docs, how to put a caption on a photo in google docs, how to caption a photo in google docs, how to caption images in google docs, how to caption a picture in google docs, add caption to image in google docs, how to use caption maker in google docs, image caption in google docs, how to add captions in google docs, how to add text under an image in google docs, can you add a caption to an image in google docs, how to add captions to photos in google photos, add caption google docs, how to add an image caption in google docs, google docs table caption, caption google docs, google doc add caption to image, Insert Figure & Caption, Inserting an Object or Picture, Formatting and Captioning.